corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » standard air box...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author standard air box...
Jed D

User status: Offline
17th Jun 11 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above.
going to get one as i just got a panel filter ordered. better than the shitty cone iv got on that fell off the other day

what i want to know is, i know there's a difference in the 1.0l standard air box for instance but what is that difference and would a 1.0l or 1.2 be ok on a 1.6 if i still de-restricted it...

and are the 1.4 and 1.6's the same?

someone point me in the right direction on this one
AlexW

17th Jun 11 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most airboxes are the same bar C16 that have a larger dia exit. Tigra airboxes are the same bar the top section being a slightly different shape due to bonnet clearance.

1.2 8v/1.4 8v spi have a different bottom section due to the hot air intake, 1.0 and others have the little air/sound resonator box that screws on the side, but once removed, no different to another airbox.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
17th Jun 11 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And there you have it
Jed D

17th Jun 11 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
Most airboxes are the same bar C16 that have a larger dia exit. Tigra airboxes are the same bar the top section being a slightly different shape due to bonnet clearance.

1.2 8v/1.4 8v spi have a different bottom section due to the hot air intake, 1.0 and others have the little air/sound resonator box that screws on the side, but once removed, no different to another airbox.

top man
AlexW

17th Jun 11 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could of made more sence but you get the jist of it.
ash-ov-boro

18th Jun 11 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of them are the same some have a little extra compartment that just screws off so I'd say most fit my 1.0 fitted my 1.6 but I already orders one so when it came it was the same

New Poll