corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B shortshift linkage

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B shortshift linkage
harrybanks

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 11 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, just wondered if anyone of you have had any experiences with these? Im going to be fitting a clutch in my GSi fairly soon and had thought about fitting one of these while the box is out.

Any good/bad feedback?
Worth fitting it?
Does it make much difference?
Shall I buy/is there bushes available that i can renew aswell?
Easy to change?

One like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-CORSA-B-GSI-SRI-16V-QUICKSHIFT-GEAR-LINKAGE-/150623259970?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2311d88d42

Any info is helpful

Thanks
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

23rd Jun 11 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well worth it imo, although it's cheaper from Rally Designs, or it was last time I checked.

LMF do nylon bushes for it at around a tenner which are a big improvement After seeing the standard bushes I'm not surprised about how Corsa gear changes usually feel, there's nothing to them.

It should be a doddle to change if the box is coming out anyway.
harrybanks

23rd Jun 11 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok thanks, yes I did see the nylon bushes from LMF, seems like its worth doing then.

Have you ever had one fitted? Does it reduce the throw for example from 1st to 2nd?

And thanks for the heads up about rally design, £29
Mike
Premium Member

23rd Jun 11 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I had one on my old Corsa for a while till I crashed it then I put it on my new Corsa before it was even running
Norcy91

23rd Jun 11 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not £29 from rally design, i've just gone to order some... once they've added on delivery and VAT, they're like £46, which are more than the ebay ones
Mike
Premium Member

23rd Jun 11 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, I bought mine along with some poly bushes so didn't really notice the increase.

Forgot to say as well, it shortens the throw quite a bit and with the bushes it feels a lot more positive going into gear.
RKS

24th Jun 11 at 06:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a fantastic mod, probably the second best I've done to my car, best being a whiteline rear ARB
AlexW

24th Jun 11 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I completely disagree, I had a quickshift fitted to my 12v, with all new bushes, but on my sport I just fitted new bushes and there really is feck all difference IMO.

Not just me that thought it aswell, I wouldn't spend the £50 or so that it was for something that wasn't a massive noticeable difference

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B shortshift linkage 23 database queries in 0.0138478 seconds