corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The police...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The police...
Welsh Dan

User status: Offline
24th Jun 11 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PCs are human as well. Strange but true. They do get upset by things on occasion and unfortunately someone may bear the brunt of it (on rare occasions). No-one is perfect 100% of the time.

I still maintain that with the vast majority of officers, if you're polite and don't take the piss, they'll be ok with you. As soon as you start screaming and shouting and trying to mug them off, wheres the incentive to be lenient? Even when I was younger, whenever I was stopped I was always reasonable with the Police and had no hassle, bar one occasion.
BarnshaW

24th Jun 11 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so whats the excuse for people whoa re reasonable and polite and still treated like shit from power hungry wankers?
Sam
Premium Member

24th Jun 11 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought Sting was an alright bloke?

Welsh Dan

24th Jun 11 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nathy, fair enough about the plates, most people don't know the ins and outs of the regulations and like you, if I bought them from Halfords i'd expect them to be legal.

I still maintain that not knowing about your tyres is no excuse, as you should be checking them at least once a week. In what way was it defective?
Welsh Dan

24th Jun 11 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
so whats the excuse for people whoa re reasonable and polite and still treated like shit from power hungry wankers?

quote:
Welsh Dan
with the vast majority of officers, if you're polite and don't take the piss, they'll be ok with you

Referring to them as "power hungry wankers" isn't helping your argument if we're honest. As has been mentioned several times already, there probably are one or two officers that shouldn't be, or perhaps don't treat people perhaps as they should. Its a tiny number compared to the 10s of thousands of officers though.
BarnshaW

24th Jun 11 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well for a tiny number there seems to be more negative feedback in this thread then positive? therefore the conclusion from this thread so far is that more are wankers then not
harrisp

24th Jun 11 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a few incidents with police the times I was actually in the wrong I seemed to get coppers who were sound and had a laugh and a joke with them, a couple of times I wasnt in the wrong I got arseholes that treated me like shit.
Welsh Dan

24th Jun 11 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same for anything though. People will always post negative experiences, rather than positive experiences, whether its dealing with the Police, dealing with some trader, buying a particular car.

As an example. How many people on here complain about Royal Mail losing things? Quite a few, but how many people mention that their post got somewhere on time? We know that the vast majority of mail gets where its going unscathed, but people still post negative stories.

Likewise, how many people on here mention that something they bought from a trader turned up quickly, compared to any problems with the trader?

Its not exactly the same principal, but its close enough.
harrisp

24th Jun 11 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
Same for anything though. People will always post negative experiences, rather than positive experiences, whether its dealing with the Police, dealing with some trader, buying a particular car.

As an example. How many people on here complain about Royal Mail losing things? Quite a few, but how many people mention that their post got somewhere on time? We know that the vast majority of mail gets where its going unscathed, but people still post negative stories.

Likewise, how many people on here mention that something they bought from a trader turned up quickly, compared to any problems with the trader?

Its not exactly the same principal, but its close enough.

I posted a positive experiance with the police, but deny it or not there are some twats who think they are above the law.
AlunJ

24th Jun 11 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The two occasions I've been pulled over by the police the one cop was a tosser who seemed to have pulled me over for something to do, then the second a bunch of chavs came past in an e36 3 series he couldn't wait to get rid of me.
The second occasion they were brilliant, just advising me of having a tail light out, and apparently I was showing as being uninsured, (I had just renewed) he said I seemed a decent guy, said he liked the car and let me be on my way.
Have a lot of dealings with the police in work and they're usually pretty good!
stuartmitchell

24th Jun 11 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Traffic cops are dicks. The rest of them are fine by me

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The police... 23 database queries in 0.0112090 seconds