corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.0 to a 1.6 ????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.0 to a 1.6 ????
kyleclub11

User status: Offline
5th Jul 11 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright i have a 1 litre and would like to put a x16xe in. Do i have to change the steering rack to an actual power steering rack ??

what else am i going to need to change because i need a list so i can get my project underway i appreciate anyones comments and advise
niallpeters

5th Jul 11 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brakes would be a start
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

5th Jul 11 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easier just buying a 1.6
Matty W

5th Jul 11 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need a modified dash loom to locate the ecu. see shaunmods build thread. he's the guy to speak to if your really dedicated to doing it
brebaz

5th Jul 11 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Archie
easier just buying a 1.6

but then he cant fuck the insurance over by saying a 1.0
Tomnova16
Premium Member

5th Jul 11 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did it for a customer few years back. Takes a while. Need to splice 1.6 loom to 1.0 loom. Is cheaper to buy a 1.6 but obviously if you have a good 1.0 shell then why not. Could try and get complete wiring from scrappies though

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Tomnova16
Premium Member

5th Jul 11 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and no need for power steering or air con as they run on different drive belts so can just run alternator

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Crana

6th Jul 11 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont need to change the dash. Just use the 12v wires that are in the bay thats what i did

you need

drivers side mount
sport rad and pipes
sport ecu chip and transponder
brakes

1.0 Box and shafts will be fine
Alex_Rally

6th Jul 11 at 05:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dreamer not get done .....
shaunmods
Premium Member

6th Jul 11 at 07:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont have to change the steering rack kyle but its so easy to with the engine out its worth doing imo. Saves you having to change all the aux belt setup for a non PAS setup then

As for the wiring, I just changed the dash loom in mine for one from an 1.2 8v model so it was plug and play for the new engine loom. You can just modify the 1.0 dash loom if you feel confident though.

You can use the 1.0 gearbox yes but I wouldnt use the 1.0 shafts personally, although they fit the inner cv's are a different design to the rest of the range and cant take the power. My 1.6 destroyed them on mine

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.0 to a 1.6 ???? 25 database queries in 0.0121610 seconds