corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Twitter for a small business

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Twitter for a small business
mwg

User status: Offline
8th Jul 11 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone use twitter for work? We are a small consulting engineering company (25 employees) and wondering if its worth us using twitter at all. How do you get the followers and promote yourself in the first instance?

It's probably a no go due to our size and line of work but thought I'd see if it was a viable option anyhow.
Sam
Premium Member

8th Jul 11 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want a Twitter account for promoting your company, then someone will need to be in charge of constantly tweeting and finding new followers etc.
Nismo

8th Jul 11 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Twitter works wonders for SEO, well worth it, and add it to your site and people will follow for latest news etc...
ed

8th Jul 11 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've setup a Twitter account and a Facebook page for my mum's business. The Twitter side of things isn't used by many people, but their website automatically Tweets shortly before an event they're running takes place or when a new blog post is created. It's kind of like an RSS feed for them.
mwg

8th Jul 11 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the other thing I'm not sure what new and also worth while things we could be posting on a regular basis.

We post up articles on our website showing case studies, maybe announcements if an Engineer has become chartered and perhaps if there has been a team of us completed a mountain bike challenge or something like that for charity but these things aren't happening on a daily basis.
Rich H

8th Jul 11 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do, but obviously it's just me. Easy for me to do as I do something different everyday and I tend to just tweet from my phone. Also linked it to my FB page recently too.

I get followers by a bit networking with similar people, promoting it on Detailing World and other sites, and also I get random automated programmes adding people based on hashtags and keywords I may have tweeted.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Twitter for a small business 23 database queries in 0.0153000 seconds