corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Roundabout query

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Roundabout query
Daveskater
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Jul 11 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drove the mk3 version of this around for a bit at my old job

It was rusty, filthy, dented and had a mystery burning oil smell. People always got out of the way

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

12th Jul 11 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you've got that much bare metal the van can be immaculate tbh, people just know their car won't make a mark on your van therefore they're gonna give up before you do.

A few months back I was in London and had a nearly new Saab cabrio not wanting to let me in when 2 lanes were going down to 1. I was in an 07 reg Sprinter Luton, good nick, well looked after but all I had to do was move over by about a foot and the Saab driver dropped back straightaway even though seconds before he'd been keeping the gap in front of him to a minimum to avoid letting me in
mwg

12th Jul 11 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a white van scowling at me tonight. Just put my foot down and left him.
mwg

12th Jul 11 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
The look of death is because they see a pr!ck with a red roof going up the wrong lane to jump the queue.

What Mike said, basically. People are assuming that you are just trying to jump the queue. You could probably get away with going round to your exit in the left lane as the exit you want has two lanes, but if someone wants to go off at the exit before yours (which in theory they wouldn't seeing as that's the road they've probably just come off of) they probably won't be best pleased seeing you in the way.

I know why they do it, I wanted to know if I was in the wrong or not just out of curiosity really.
dannymccann

13th Jul 11 at 06:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I'm in a mard I can be a bit angry at rush hour with cunts in their posh cars trying to push in

I drive a Y reg Astra with scratches and missing paintwork all over it, and a dodgy sounding diesel engine (sounds like an old Transit ), if we are neck and neck I pretty much always win
pow
Premium Member

13th Jul 11 at 07:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH I'd scowl at you as well. Just wait on the dualy like everyone else does, why should some other people get priority?

You are in the wrong. People pushing it when they shouldn't be as well slows down the queue of traffic which pisses people off who have been waiting more.
pow
Premium Member

13th Jul 11 at 07:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw a briliant one the other morning on the way to work. When I get over the A4 the dauly merges into 1 lane, with merge in turn signs. So 95% of people merge in turn but there is always one BMW/Audi driving CUNT who doesn't understand that.

I was 2nd car back in the right hand lane, Pug 107 in front of me at the lights, some people carrier front of the left hand lane and a BMW 5 series alongside me. Lights go green, everyone moves off at the same sort of pace. BMW driver decides the Pug isn't getting in probably because she paid less for her car then his company car tax so he's welded to the back of the people carriers bumper. Woman in the 107 sees this as a challenge and doesn't back down, to the point where it's kerb - fag paper- bmw- fag paper- pug - kerb. BMW backs down, starts shouting all sort of shit at the Pug driver, middle finger the lot.

Pug driver STOPS in the middle of the road, does the handbrake up, gets out, all 6 foot 2 of her, and calmly walkers over to the BMW driver who now can't look at her. Shouts WANKER at his through his closed window, gets back in the car and drives off as if nothing has happened
mwg

13th Jul 11 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
TBH I'd scowl at you as well. Just wait on the dualy like everyone else does, why should some other people get priority?

You are in the wrong. People pushing it when they shouldn't be as well slows down the queue of traffic which pisses people off who have been waiting more.

I would leave you in my wake with something akin to a sonic boom if a pow was to scowl at me.

Seriously though I'm not sitting at the back of a queue waiting for someone coming off the "dualy" to slam in to the back of me and write my car off so I will continue going in the left lane if the traffic is backed up and reduce the danger to myself. Look after number 1. You feel like a sitting duck waiting for someone to have a pot shot at you

When it's not I will go in the right hand lane like a good little boy.

[Edited on 13-07-2011 by mwg]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

13th Jul 11 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just remembered another one, driving through Kensington about a month ago, found myself in the wrong lane, I put my indicator on so the oldish S-Class alongside me decided I wasn't getting in front of him and closed the gap. Me in the much newer Combo started edging over to show my intention to get in front of him but he was having none of it upto the point where we were side by side in a single lane both refusing to give up

The next time traffic moved forward slightly I noticed the Merc didn't move, it was only at that point I realised I'd actually managed to get my wing mirror in front of his thus blocking him from getting in front without him bumping up the kerb to drive round it That win made driving through Kensington slightly more bearable

[Edited on 13-07-2011 by Mike B]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Roundabout query 24 database queries in 0.1644201 seconds