corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Franchises...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Franchises...
fazza

User status: Offline
20th Jul 11 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were actually pretty busy at the minute colin, actually doing more business now than we were 12 months ago.

most of the towns that Go mobile shops are in, are smallish sort of towns with no other competition

and to be honest im not really 'buying' into it as the franchise would be free so nothing as such to lose. Could just end up closing in 6 months time with fuck load of blackbery/iphones sat at home

Colin

20th Jul 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't much about it but that was my perception of things, if the books look promising then go for it.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could end up closing in 6 months? what happens to the shop you're renting? surely you would be tied into that for awhile.

Sounds good, but depends if theres a market for it, overheads, footfall, margin on products, will you be trading online at all?

Have to work out all the costs and have a think about it, are you going to employ someone etc?

If its as simple as YEAHHH lets give it a go, burn up some credit and theres no pitfalls if it goes south then sure thing but I would of thought something like this has a element of risk

[Edited on 20-07-2011 by willay]
fazza

20th Jul 11 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could end up closing if it went tits up i meant mate.

would only have myself in the store for the first 12 months. No trading online to start with(wouldnt know where to start with that tbh)

the lease will stay in gomobiles name
Brett
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're making it sound like a no-brainer tbh
fazza

20th Jul 11 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the main risk I see is:

Ending up with no wage from it(but they will make me redundant soon enough anyways)

ending up owing gomobile a few £k for stock etc
Fro

20th Jul 11 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fazza
networks wont deal with you as a one man band brett. need to have atleast 15 shops really for them to even talk to you.

Go Mobile have approx 100 shops across the country, although most are in the south of the country

you would be surprised i guy i know was selling phones and setting up contracts as a one man band whilst working here
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

20th Jul 11 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its a big company they might have their own online business that won't include you. Only reason I ask is I'm not sure how alot of retailers (small ones) can survive without being online and trading from it.

Does your current shop take any online orders at the moment? Like can customers reserve and collect or some gay shit like that?
fazza

20th Jul 11 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He must have been connecting them through an agent, I know as i looked into it before

fuck working for someone else
Jamie Walby

20th Jul 11 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
wages would be my own. I would do my own books/vat returns etc.

Bills will be approx £150 a month for phone, water and electric(only a small shop) and I would not employ anyone to begin with

You are going to run a shop on your own? What are you going to do when you want time off?
fazza

20th Jul 11 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no nothing like that willay. they can order online and have a fone delivered direct to them though. thats not anything to do with the store though
Jamie Walby

20th Jul 11 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Could end up closing in 6 months? what happens to the shop you're renting? surely you would be tied into that for awhile.

True. The shop rent and business rates will still need to be paid or you will have to buy out of your agreement.
Fro

20th Jul 11 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
He must have been connecting them through an agent, I know as i looked into it before

fuck working for someone else

dunno, he was dodgy as fuck though probably lied to them about all sorts Loaded now though!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Franchises... 23 database queries in 0.0093760 seconds