corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who was it that had Clio 172 wheels on their Corsa B?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who was it that had Clio 172 wheels on their Corsa B?
thegsi

User status: Offline
28th Jul 11 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you need to know?
RKS

28th Jul 11 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
Given up.

Arches beaten out to shit and now instead of rubbing constantly, they 'only' rub under acceleration and when going up slopes.

Getting the tyres put onto my Vectra SRi Wheels instead now.
Looks like these Speedlines will have to be sold on too - not enough material on the rims to machine them to the correct offset... Fucksticks.

what offset are they mate? could they be machined down a little bit then arches cut/widened to fit? how low is your car 40 front 60 rear?
djgritt
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
What do you need to know?

How you managed to get around the fitment issues, any rubbing etc etc really.

djgritt
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 12:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RKS

what offset are they mate? could they be machined down a little bit then arches cut/widened to fit? how low is your car 40 front 60 rear?

ET35
Could probably take only 2 or 3mm off at a push, to leave enough material there to bolt them up comfortably
Already been beating the arches out to try to clear, but they still catch when the rear end shifts down under acceleration
40F, 60R Drop indeed
thegsi

28th Jul 11 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the 172 16's were ET38, might be wrong. They went straight on with Spax kit but when I put coilovers on, the inner wall rubbed on the adjuster coller to the point where it put a groove in the tyre wall. From that point on, I knew they're were going to be a big issue so I ditched them.
taylorboosh

28th Jul 11 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not get. 40mm rear springs
djgritt
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
Why not get. 40mm rear springs

Got some in storage, but it feels better with the 60mm rears than it did on the 40mm ones, so would prefer to keep the lower ones in
RKS

28th Jul 11 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it rubbing on the arches or on the bolts for the arches, saying that I presume you are currently running it around to test with out the arches on?

I had ET35 17s on mine with 205 tyres and these mostly rubbed on the bolts for the arches
djgritt
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RKS
Is it rubbing on the arches or on the bolts for the arches, saying that I presume you are currently running it around to test with out the arches on?

I had ET35 17s on mine with 205 tyres and these mostly rubbed on the bolts for the arches

Was rubbing the steel lip of the arch - and yeah, did run about today without the trims on.

Issue resolved for now anyway - put them away in storage and put the 205/45 AD08s onto my Vectra Rims instead - no problems with rubbing after an 8 mile blat around the lanes here!

[Edited on 28-07-2011 by djgritt]
taylorboosh

28th Jul 11 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if get a bit strech on some tyres... the wheels look awesome
djgritt
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd need to find some decent sticky rubber that fits and clears then

Or I might just buy some new, similar wheels that DO fit properly to start with, and Tango them instead
Rob B

28th Jul 11 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A long time ago when i had 15x8 on my Corsa, i removed the rear arch trim, trimmed metal away upto spot welds and it was fine and around -70mm down too.

Why don't you buy some camber shims for the rear and get some camber up front?
Graham88

29th Jul 11 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just had a nightmare, well I still do with AD08's. I had my comps on with Paradas, car sitting on the lowest setting on the rear, could go 5 up and get no rubbing. I put AD08's on and it rubbed like fuck due to the much harder sidewall, gay! I've had to do so much arch work it's ridiculous aswell as raise the car, and it still rubs under acceleration or the karoussel at Ring Putting them onto my standard wheels now which are ET52 so 'shouldn't' rub. AWESOME tyres though
Graham88

29th Jul 11 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P.S. how much did you pay for them in 15's? I bet they were cheap as fuck, I paid £155 for 18's :-/
Mertin

29th Jul 11 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That 99% looks like starlet sr wheels. Never seen them before, apart from on the starlets.
Clio williams wheels were more like 205gti wheels kinda style iirc?
djgritt
Premium Member

29th Jul 11 at 07:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
P.S. how much did you pay for them in 15's? I bet they were cheap as fuck, I paid £155 for 18's :-/

16s

£460 for 4x 205/45/16 - Fitted

£115 each
djgritt
Premium Member

29th Jul 11 at 07:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The price is why I want to get some bloody use out of them, I'd never recover that money fully by selling them on!
Corsa_Sport21

29th Jul 11 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
That 99% looks like starlet sr wheels. Never seen them before, apart from on the starlets.
Clio williams wheels were more like 205gti wheels kinda style iirc?

They are the same wheels,just these are 16s and not 15s like what came on the Starlet SR.

They are old wheels,probably from the early 90s and were also sold as aftermarket wheels.
Tomm R

29th Jul 11 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a brief look in here the other day. I was sort of hoping (as well as not hoping at the same time so i could do it haha) that you had some speedline turbines, i think they came on the old R5GTT but these look just as sweet!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who was it that had Clio 172 wheels on their Corsa B? 23 database queries in 0.0141969 seconds