corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Suspension Geometry : Camber

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Suspension Geometry : Camber
Mertin

User status: Offline
1st Aug 11 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Noticed the ibiza had worn the inside edge on another set of tyres, after having the alignment set up a year ago. Nothing was mentioned at the MOT in March so maybe its been knocked out somehow as thought they wouldve picked up on the tyres then.

Anyway the toe was out and adjusted back in but front left has too much negative camber and cant be adjusted. -1.39 compared to -0.44 on the right. Car is lowered on AP coilovers and isnt that low. Is there anything like bushes etc that could affect this? Coilovers were fitted by myself over a year ago with new top mounts and bearings too. Iv uploaded some pictures of the printout below. Also, is that much negative camber going to have a big affect on tyre wear?

Before Measurements

After Measurements

Two Together

And the tyre
broster
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bottom arm bushes can cause this
Mertin

1st Aug 11 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
Bottom arm bushes can cause this

Theres no other symptoms though. Been told it could have been when they changed the bushes, the subframe needs dropped and realigned or something similar. Cant remember exactly. Been told the camber isnt too severe, is this right?
sand-eel

1st Aug 11 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Camber isn't actually that bad, I would say the right need more as 0.5 is nothing.
antnee

1st Aug 11 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a tiny bit of movement in the consoles, but nothing major.

Get some Cupra bushes http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=13776&xSec=344

These will help a bit, the standard ones have voids in and are crap so fall apart.

Edit, lower bushes in this pic are the comparison between standard and Cupra

(damage to the outter part is from removal)

[Edited on 01-08-2011 by antnee]
AshWatson

1st Aug 11 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates ibiza (same shape as yours mertin btw) was wearing tyres strangely and when it went into seat for some warrenty work they did a health check and found the bushes shot and as mentioned by antee they replaced them under warrenty with cupra bushes free of charge as they said it was the best way to cure the bushes constantly splitting causing knocking tyre wear etc,as u can imagine my mate was pretty chuffed
Mertin

1st Aug 11 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bushes were replaced about 18months to 2 years ago under warranty. This was before I knew about the cupra bushes being better so they were just replaced with standard ones as far as im aware
AshWatson

1st Aug 11 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
My bushes were replaced about 18months to 2 years ago under warranty. This was before I knew about the cupra bushes being better so they were just replaced with standard ones as far as im aware

oh right, but still his car wasnt a cupra so the seat garage are saying its the 100% fix for the bushes as the normal ones are shite, when checking them they dont look split you have to prise the arm and it moves/seperates out from the bush as on ibiza doesnt the arm sit in the bush in a u bracket sorta thing ? hard to explain lol
antnee

1st Aug 11 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad's Fabia had the bushes replaced under warrenty when it went in for a service one. Easy way to see if the bushes are knackered, is to stand on a spoke of the front wheel and jump up and down, if the wheel moves a lot, bushes need changing.
Mertin

1st Aug 11 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Il give them a check tomorrow and see what the state of play is, could easily of gone again if it was standard ones fitted under warranty

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Suspension Geometry : Camber 23 database queries in 0.0150549 seconds