corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » hello, mike here, i wonder if you can help me please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hello, mike here, i wonder if you can help me please
ariesmanmike

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 11 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi , i have a w reg corsa b 1200 cc 16 valve engine, starts fine, then put your foot down on it to rev , you get nothing,.. switch it off, then back on again, revs up ok, run up the road, its a bit slow, but then picks up a bit, try to get to 70 mph and you hit a wall at any whare between 45 and 65, get past this, will get up to 75 at a push, but then for no reason, it fails, or has a blip then reduces power down to 45 mph, stomp on pedal, it sometimes picks up again, only to do it again with in a few mins or seconds some times, just swapped out main line fuel filter, stilll the same, then new exhaust as it was blowing a bit, still the same, next i was told it may be the crank speed sensor, got new one, put it in, same same, ??? not getting any ecu light coming on what so ever, only on initial engine start esp ligt , , im also told it may be the egr valve, but unlikely as it should put ecu light on ??? might be coil pack ?? not tried to chang it yet, but im running out of ideas, apart fron the lambna sensors, or the ecu, ??? what else do you think it may be ?? im stumped, but putting it on a diagnostic test with out any light on may not give any results so have you got any ideas i can try before i spend too much on it ???

i would be greatful for any help you can give, all the best, mike ..
Ricky352

3rd Aug 11 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id have guessed air flow meter
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Aug 11 at 04:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah air flow meter

pretty pricey as far as i know
reecegsi

4th Aug 11 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Defo air flow metre go scrappie mate and just get one from there just make sure it works

New Poll