corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » FAO: Anyone with a british gas boiler/homecare cover

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO: Anyone with a british gas boiler/homecare cover
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 11 at 08:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Posted in here so it gets seen rather than house day.

Woke up this morning to find my boiler pissing out water, all down the walls etc etc.

Called british gas, only to be told "sorry sir, your cover expired in may". To which i replied, its auto renew unless i disagree to the price increase, so why hasnt it just renewed?

In the end after alot of arguing and getting managers involved, i was told it was there mistake and that the type of cover i had has expired (by sounds of it any package without a service). They should have sent letters out but they didnt, telling people they needed to change packages completely.

They finally agreed to put me back on the cover and come and look.

So if you have cover, check direct debits are still coming out etc, as this could have cost me a fortune this morning had i not argued the case for as long as i did.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much do you pay for the cover? My boiler bust and it was a set fee of abotu £126 from British Gas no matter what was wrong with it. Think the board had gone which was over £200+ worth so that was a winner. Can't see the point in paying for cover if it's a set fee like that, plus the work is warrantied too. Come to think of it, I never paid that bill either
Dan
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was £13 a month.

Its now £17 a month.

Works ok if you only have 1 boiler breakdown per year, but ive now had 3 this year, all being very expensive parts. Which even at £126 three times would mean a lot more than i pay now. Plus i now get a service ( which isnt worth a wank).

mattk

3rd Aug 11 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what boiler do you have? Im willing to bet its an Ideal.

I like that they have introduced that you only get cover if you have it serviced every year, Im advertising on the back of it
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was, an Istor, piece of shit.
Simon L

3rd Aug 11 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Similar thing happened to me. I just figured after a year it would auto-renew and they would continue to take the direct debits.

Boiler broke down, called them and they said it had expired. Similarly after some debate they reapplied it, and came out, but i had to pay the monthly bills from when it had stopped, but that's just to be expected.
Dan
Premium Member

4th Aug 11 at 11:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mattk, its a powermax

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » FAO: Anyone with a british gas boiler/homecare cover 24 database queries in 0.0081840 seconds