corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone been on holiday to Florida Keys ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone been on holiday to Florida Keys ?
SteveW

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 11 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at doing a 3week holiday to the good ol US of A next year.. Just checking out Florida Keys for a weeks beach holiday, then getting connecting flight into Carolina or somewhere in the South, then finishing up in California

BluKoo

3rd Aug 11 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just Florida, not the Keys. Sure 3 weeks by the beaches would be amazing though!
Gary
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As blu, Dont florida not keys though.

Would only suggest you dont go in the height of summer. Its actually too warm mid day imo
SteveW

3rd Aug 11 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well yeah but i really want to check out other parts of America.

Carolina is meant to be very nice as is Cali.. want to really take a month off work but they wont let me lol.
want to fit in a national park like Yosemite or Yellow Stone
SteveW

3rd Aug 11 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry, should have said.
have done florida a few times, only ever in May and it was hot enough then lol
jrsteeve

3rd Aug 11 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did the keys when i was younger, seemed nice from memory but pretty similar to the other coastal towns - tampa etc - but with a few more palm trees! Do Miami for a beach/clubbing holiday.
richc

3rd Aug 11 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just booked on saturday fully enough. Fly into miami on june 12th from heathrow. Renting a villa in the keys as we are meeting some of my girl friends family out there. I cant remember the route they are taking though.

My OH parents are doing a 3 week tour just like you planned, and we are meeting them the last week just to say hi (as you do)

Should be a nice drive over the 'glades

They did a month last year (MD of own company hence why they had the time off). They planned 3 but ended up staying 4 due to the BA strikes.

I dont know what order but they went to detroit, mephis, phillidelphia, washington, then down into the southern states into texas where they eventually flew home from houston (i think). They dont hold out money wise, but they spent £10,000 in total.....How much do you think it will cost you???
Jed D

3rd Aug 11 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went to Orlando when i was 10 or something. fucking amazing!!! a small packet of crisps was the size of a mutibag full over here

seen a my first flat screen tv and it was about 6m wide and god know how tall

loved it
SteveW

3rd Aug 11 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rich - looking at spending around £3k for flights + hotels then whatever on top for spending money. Probably another £1.5k
ashleh

3rd Aug 11 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember Busch Gardens being epic!
Jambo

3rd Aug 11 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont go walking through poor ethnic neighbourhoods at 3am trying to score some drugs though
Jed D

3rd Aug 11 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Dont go walking through poor ethnic neighbourhoods at 3am trying to score some drugs though

...you may end up with a saw bum
bubble

3rd Aug 11 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went florida, kissimme haines city, and drove to tampa and miami and visited all the attractions. probably the best month away i have had.
Russ

3rd Aug 11 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JedDy
quote:

.... Or dead?
Siberia

3rd Aug 11 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spent 4 nights in the keys in 2009.. it was the best part of florida for nightlife i thought.. the weather was strange.. 1 hour baking sunshine and next crazy rain.. that was in september...

we drove down.. as far as i remember the main street was duval street.. there were many pubs and clubs.. irish kevins seemed to be the most popular

we stayed in the raddison for 3 nights and the marriot for 1.. we were only supposed to stay the 3 nights but we got trashed on the night before we were supposed to leave so stayed an extra night... the radission was ok... but not like a radision you would see in the uk.. the marriot was brilliant.. but expensive
Nath

4th Aug 11 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
spent 4 nights in the keys in 2009.. it was the best part of florida for nightlife i thought.. the weather was strange.. 1 hour baking sunshine and next crazy rain.. that was in september...

Was like that in Orlando in August too, always around 3pm, it'd just lash it down and then stop. Strange climate.
Toby
Premium Member

4th Aug 11 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive stayed in the Keys, really nice place.
richc

4th Aug 11 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by JedDy
quote:

.... Or dead?

I dont think he would be the sort of person to watch/read the news on a regular basis.

*speeling is shit

[Edited on 04-08-2011 by richc]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone been on holiday to Florida Keys ? 23 database queries in 0.0125310 seconds