corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Urgent advice on side skirts (ccm karnage) Pleease

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Urgent advice on side skirts (ccm karnage) Pleease
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
   23rd Jun 03 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a major problem which I am hoping someone can solve for me quickly. I have a red GSI which I have got in the body shop I am fitting CCM Karnage skirts. The problem is that when I took off the GSI skirts to sell them I took off the actual skirts and the end bits at the rear which attatch to the rear arches. I have had the bloke from the body shop saying he needs these when I am positive he dont, I thought that the skirts matched onto each arch and then the middle would need cutting out where the door is and then smoothing in. I would appreciate if someone could clarify this for me I know he runs a body shop and he should know this but I am sure he is wrong somebody please help me, regards Paul

Heres a link to the ccm webpage

http://www.ccm.uk.net/
bradfincham

23rd Jun 03 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the combat skirts, im sure they are familiar to the karnage ones,
for mine thye match up to the plastic arch extensions as found on every corsa,
mine i had to po rivet a strip of angle iron below the doors which the skirts attached to, i think the ccm are the same,
so you shouldnt need the gsi upturns matey
Karnage Corsa

23rd Jun 03 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate I dont think I do need them at all looking at your car it looks exactly the same as mine. I have contacted Drew cos I know he has the CCM skirts but I dont know n e 1 else who has them so I am hoping he can get back to me on it I am off tomorrow so I am going to get some pictures sorted out and then take them down to the body shop tomorrow I am p!ssed off cos I want the car sorted for this weekend no later thanks a lot for replying mate
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Jun 03 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couldnt be arsed to read all that so Ill post a couple of pics of mine instead for u so u know

hope they sho what ur on about - mine are on angled steel rods and have a bolt at either end; as well as a drop of silkaflex
Drew
Banned

23rd Jun 03 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how ya open fuel filler? just dig finger in and pull?

i replied to u2u
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Jun 03 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah at the top - and it helps if u push on one side slightly - but its not that difficult - no more than it used to be tbh
Karnage Corsa

23rd Jun 03 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice car mate hoping for mine to look something pretty similar hoping to have it back at the end of the week doing me head in at the moment
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Jun 03 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just looked at mine - this is hard to explain - mite sound wrong - but the arch tops have had a semi circle the same shape as the arch cut out of them; so that they mate up perfectly over the top of the original arches; then a dab of silkaflex has been put in to smooth it out a bit
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Jun 03 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for more pics see stubbsys post in general chat
Karnage Corsa

23rd Jun 03 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you mean the tops of the skirts have had a semi circle taken out to meet the arch mate ? what I wanna know is did you have to have anything taken off the skirts where the door is cos when I matched them up against the car which I thought was the right position for them to fit it went up past the door and looked like it needed cutting out cheers feller, regards Paul....
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Jun 03 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was shaved back a bit, cause it came slightly above the line of vthe door - the guy said it took about 10 mins per side to shve it and smooth it back out - so not a big job
Karnage Corsa

23rd Jun 03 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers feller I feel a bit better now just got to get these pics printed out and take them down the body shop I want this car sorted for the weekend so I am going to put the pressure on big style
Karnage Corsa

24th Jun 03 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had to go and buy some new arches this morning gutted or what could not get any from the scrap yards round here so had to pay nearly £60 for some from rip off b@stards at vaux - everything should run smoothly now I know its a lot but will be worth it when its out and sat on me drive looking stunning regards, Paul...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Urgent advice on side skirts (ccm karnage) Pleease 23 database queries in 0.0103569 seconds