corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Advert for Spy Kids 4D

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advert for Spy Kids 4D
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Aug 11 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that a joke? A four dimensional film, because you get a wee bit of paper that has smells on it from the film. Called Aromascope. Surely that's a fucking pisstake?
RichR
Premium Member

18th Aug 11 at 14:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate the term 4D, WTF is 4D!!
Brett
Premium Member

18th Aug 11 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Is that a joke? A four dimensional film, because you get a wee bit of paper that has smells on it from the film. Called Aromascope. Surely that's a fucking pisstake?

really?!

I assumed they were gonna be showing it a limited cinemas that can shake your chair and make you get wet, etc?
Toby
Premium Member

18th Aug 11 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

really?!

I assumed they were gonna be showing it a limited cinemas that can shake your chair and make you get wet, etc?

yeah just like shrek 4d
adiohead

18th Aug 11 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should hand out dirty knickers for over 18 films
tom130691
Premium Member

18th Aug 11 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I hate the term 4D, WTF is 4D!!

technically internal dimensions at a guess

4d printers ect
RichR
Premium Member

18th Aug 11 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A place in space can only be mapped in three dimensions i.e. an x,y,z co-ordinate will give you an exact point from a know position/starting point. So wtf is 4D; Internal Dims can still be mapped in a convention 3 figure co-ordinate so what is the 4th dimension?
adiohead

18th Aug 11 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 4th dimension is the smell of potatoes
Brett
Premium Member

18th Aug 11 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are people trying to be clever in here? You know what the fourth dimension means.
RichR
Premium Member

18th Aug 11 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I genuinely don't and Wiki doesn't give me answers
Brett
Premium Member

18th Aug 11 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The kids never questioned the 4D aspect of bob the builder at legoland, you should consult them.

4D is basically stimulating senses other than your eyes/ears.

EDIT: Usually.. where as Eck says the 4th dimension in this film is a piece of paper

[Edited on 18-08-2011 by Brett]
Dom

18th Aug 11 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
A place in space can only be mapped in three dimensions i.e. an x,y,z co-ordinate will give you an exact point from a know position/starting point. So wtf is 4D; Internal Dims can still be mapped in a convention 3 figure co-ordinate so what is the 4th dimension?

The fourth dimension can be time (space time). Also you can get 4D rotations, euclidean spaces rings a bell although it's been a far while since i did physics/maths. You also get multidimensional arrays in programming; so 4D arrays exists (could have a million-D arrays tbf).

In terms of film though, i imagine it's what Brett said - other senses outside visual and sound.
Gary
Premium Member

18th Aug 11 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well in that case it's actually 6D. X,Y,Z, smell, sound left, sound right.

Load of bollocks. No such thing as 4D
sc0ott

18th Aug 11 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you imagine what 'saw' would be like if they had spray scents of dead bodies etc.
Dom

18th Aug 11 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Well in that case it's actually 6D. X,Y,Z, smell, sound left, sound right.

^ that doesn't make sense, especially the bit about sound as it isn't limited to two directions (it completely surrounds you, either via direct sources or reflections). Secondly in the case of films, 4D is just a gimmick term as it could mean literally anything.

But multi-dimensions do exist though.

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Can you imagine what 'saw' would be like if they had spray scents of dead bodies etc.

I imagine it'd be something like the Jorvik Centre

[Edited on 18-08-2011 by Dom]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Advert for Spy Kids 4D 23 database queries in 0.0133870 seconds