corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Electric switch saga

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electric switch saga
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Aug 11 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trying to hook my electric windows up to a basic on off on switch (up off down) basically

the motor basically operates with two wires going into it, if you + one of the wires, and ground the other the motor spins one way, then if you reverse the polaritys eg swap the wires it goes the other way, simple.

But i cant get it to work with my on off on switch, the switch has 3 connectors on it

im fairly sure i cant get it to work with this switch?? or do i need some kind of polarity reversing switch

if i wire it like this

i can get it to go one way but then if i introduce the other wire off the motor it just shorts, the oem switch had 4 spade connectors on it, stuck!
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Aug 11 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok figured out i need a dpdt switch :rolleres:

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Electric switch saga 23 database queries in 0.0067439 seconds