corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » do you have any love for your job

Poll: do you have any love for your job
  yes
  no

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author do you have any love for your job
mattk

User status: Offline
27th Aug 11 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont like work one bit, Im not too keen on my job but then there are worse things to be doing, and If I had almost any job id still hate it.

my job pays more than enough for my needs so Im happy

I just dont like the idea of working, I dont have time for it
Gary
Premium Member

27th Aug 11 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
I just dont like the idea of working, I dont have time for it

Aaron

27th Aug 11 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my last job (ICT/Network Manager at a secondary school), I loved what I did. The vast majority of the staff were great, I was learning LOADS about ICT, and life in general tbh. However, this didn’t last. Politics came into contention in the school, resulting in staff falling out. The school because a horrible place to work, and people were leaving left, right and centre, including the head teacher, who was the guy who employed me.

I left that job, and started to work for a large ICT company. To be honest, because of the people I have to deal with on a daily basis (my colleagues), I don’t like it. I work with a lot of cunts, who are so far up the arse of their managers. I don’t like it, but, it pays well, and I get a company car out of it.

I've worked for this company for almost 1 year to the day, and I’ve already told my manager (twice actually) that I don’t like it, and I’m seriously considering walking away to find something else.

Thankfully, my financial situation is a good one, and I could afford to be out of work for a few months. I'm 28, and I’ve reached a stage in life where I can sit back and think "is this what life is all about". What I mean is, do I really want to be going to work every day for the next 30/40 years and hate it? I'd rather have a lesser paying job, but love it...rather than a well paid job, and hate every minute of it.
Cavey

27th Aug 11 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a postman.

I do like finishing at 1 o'clock every day and the 3 hours walking/driving by myself is nice. But the whole company is a complete shambles and the management are constantly out to try and catch people out for nothing at all.

Royal Mail is supposedly massively failing as a company, even though we're carrying more than ever, mail is down, revenue is down etc... There's far too many managers, the upper management keep coming up with ridiculous ideas that everyone knows won't work, but they follow through and then cancel after spending £100,000s.

I have been on 25hr contract for 3.5 years, and worked 40 hours every week i've been there, every month I get "There's full time contracts available soon" and nothing ever happens.

So, I do like my job for the walking etc.. the pay isn't bad either for unskilled work, but the mornings in the building are awful, and the company is a total mess
DannyB
Premium Member

27th Aug 11 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So far yes, as I only started last Monday. Work 4 days a week, working on commission only so it's a big risk but the work is there and there's huge money to be earned. Did a 3 day training course last week, had 3 days off and back in tomorrow. I work 9 till about 5. I'll be selling memberships to a holliday club, in the 4 days I work I'll do 8 tours, so 2 a day, and the maximum commission to be earned is £700 off one tour. So I could earn £1400 in a day, which does happen, but then I could earn £0. Minimum commission is £500. Nice relaxed environment, free breakfast and dinner from the hotel we're based in. Almost too good to be true. There was 3 new membership last week in the 3 days I was in.
j10E W

28th Aug 11 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only love i have for work is home time
CarbonMike

28th Aug 11 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

None what so ever. Mines very easy, mundanely boring but pays well. I get paid for 45 hours over 5 days, realistically I work around 35ish & get home for an average of 1.30pm most days.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

29th Aug 11 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope hate my job. The whole thing is a pile of shite to be honest. Im 20 and ive been there for 6 years. And i get paid less than a 17 year old lad whos been there for about a year and a half just because he retardedly got his 16 year old girlfriend pregnant. 99% of the people i work with are retards. Always bitching about eatch other behind there backs. And there all moody as fuck 24/7. Under paid. Over worked fucking shit hole of a buisness to be frank
fred7

29th Aug 11 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not at all, my job is ok but is just going no where, only a small company so cant progress anymore, wanting to change jobs goin into plumbin plastering or something where can have abit of interest and go places
mattk

29th Aug 11 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you wont be interested or go anywhere in plumbing
scunnylad

29th Aug 11 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love my job at the min, work at a fishing tackle shop, my main hobbie has been fishing since i was 13, i work indoors, dont do a great deal of work and get awesome discount, the pay is shite but to find a job im happy with is worth droppin abit of money.
i was a hgv mechanic for 5 years and hated it, stupid hours, call out most weeks from dumb drivers not disconnection airlines. i wasn't enjoying it at all, i also tried that in n out garage but left after a month as i didnt agree with their services ( didnt check brakes, ball joints or steering components)
djgritt
Premium Member

30th Aug 11 at 07:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm having a bit of a downer with my job at the moment

Getting fed up with being treated as 'Flexible' compared to my colleagues because I am single - I seem to be getting all of the short notice reactive work, and a lot of the planned away trips - a colleague was sat at home for 3 weeks with no work whilst I did 3 different jobs over that time, but then he isn't single. There have even been comments from my office team about how I 'don't have anything to rush home to'...

Also, we have just be bought by a competitor, so there is a lot of uneasy feeling, not helped by the fact they haven't made any intentions, good or bad, clear to us.

My manager has recently pissed me off, by completely ignoring the fact that in my appraisal a couple of months back, we discussed my strong feelings against doing any of our offshore/marine work due to me being very uncomfortable when offshore. Then 2 weeks ago I was sent off to sail on a Tanker for some time to assist a colleague with a job onboard. He said that he doesn't remember any discussion about my issues wth offshore, even though they were written down on the paperwork from the meeting.

However, I have great opportunities & perks within this role - I get to travel the world all expenses paid, I get a company car, laptop, phone etc which are all available for private use, I get fuel paid for - again including private use.
My salary and the extras I earn for being away are very good, no complaints there.

I have been with this company for 8 years now, 3 of them an Apprenticeship. I just feel very disheartened, and fancy a change before I start resenting the place.

However, nothing will provide me with what I want, and provide me with similar income/benefits. I have found a potential place to try, but just haven't had the bottle to give it a shot. Something in the back of my head tells me that I am in a good position underneath the shit, and to just give it a little longer and start standing up for myself a bit more within work.
Sam
Premium Member

30th Aug 11 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got fed up working my ass off for people who treated me like shit so I decided to work for myself about 4 years ago.

Money's not been as good as what I've earnt in the past being employed BUT every day is different and the only person I've got to answer to is myself.

Considering the fucked up financial situation we are still in, I feel quite lucky to still be earning money working for myself and having had the opportunity to do so.

I would be able to make more money if I had more money to invest in the business for marketing/advertising etc. but I don't at the moment, so that's one of my long term goals really.

I do have shit days sometimes just like everyone really but on the whole I quite like my work.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » do you have any love for your job 23 database queries in 0.0118730 seconds