corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How not to drive on a trackday

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How not to drive on a trackday
SetH

User status: Offline
1st Sep 11 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FLOLZ what a comedy!
DannyB
Premium Member

1st Sep 11 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mieran
knockhill is still the same

its a propa full on race and marshals don't give a shit

You must have been to a different trackday to me then as it's far from the same I was there about 8 or 9 times last year and never seen anything like that, apart from one bit of stupid driving that caused a mate to crash it's all very strict and very much regulated, especially at TrackScotland events.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

1st Sep 11 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marshalls don't give a shit? I had one come over for a quiet word after I fell off twice, telling me to take it easy because he'd prefer not to send me home. All I'd done was outbraked myself because I wasn't sure on the braking points, I think it was just because I did it twice in quick succession that he had a word but I think that shows that they do give a shit when both times were very minor incidents but in reality I could've continued the same and had some more major incidents had he not said anything.

[Edited on 01-09-2011 by Mike B]
Mieran

1st Sep 11 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
quote:

You must have been to a different trackday to me then as it's far from the same I was there about 8 or 9 times last year and never seen anything like that, apart from one bit of stupid driving that caused a mate to crash it's all very strict and very much regulated, especially at TrackScotland events.

I meant the hot hatch sunday sessions, they're not as bad as the video but its a full on race
DannyB
Premium Member

1st Sep 11 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they can get a bit hairy but anything OTT and you'll soon be told to stop, otherwise you'll be loading up your trailer to go home as quick as you arrived
spencer88

2nd Sep 11 at 06:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it Xaos driving?
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Sep 11 at 06:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To everyone who is saying they wouldn't drive on a track because of this - I've never seen driving like that in all the days I've done and that includes Knockhill.

No idea how he got away with it but having actually spectated and driven Knockhill I can tell you that differs from my experience.
taylorboosh

2nd Sep 11 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbf i dont think i will ever take a car on track regardless because i dont consider myself a good fast driver
Kano

2nd Sep 11 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Is it fuck like that these days!

Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Sep 11 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I drove it, I didn't see anything anywhere near that standard.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

2nd Sep 11 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knockhill is one of 3 tracks that I've fell off but the only one where the marshalls have come over to have a word with me about it. When you consider the other tracks are Combe and Oulton, I'd say Knockhill's pretty strict.
spikedjack

2nd Sep 11 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I do not understand why the marshalls aren't pulling him off the track, driving that close in the first place is reason enough to black flag him and send him on his way.

nathy_87

2nd Sep 11 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
tbf i dont think i will ever take a car on track regardless because i dont consider myself a good fast driver

You don't need to be a fast driver on days like that though, just need to be quick (reactions) if you get iditos like the video.

[Edited on 02-09-2011 by nathy_87]
davieslim

2nd Sep 11 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not seen that in ages, the engine from the team gimps cavaliers in a chevette now and the engine from team dolly is im my mates vectra as both cars got scrapped
Daveskater
Premium Member

2nd Sep 11 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by makincorsac
quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
Why would you ever think throwing the wheel around like that is a good idea? Not even some 11 year old northern council estate kid who's just jacked his first Rover 100 would drive like that.

Ey, less of the Northern

Agreed
Only messing, lads x

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How not to drive on a trackday 24 database queries in 0.0105112 seconds