corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bugger... legal advice please!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bugger... legal advice please!
kz

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 11 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, so I sold a car in January, my Renault 5.

Received a letter from the DVLA a few days ago stating that I am still the registered keeper of the vehicle so I have to pay for an offence that's occurred! I sent off the V5, but not recorded and it must have got lost in the post.

On the letter it says if I've sold it on, I need to provide details of the buyer, obviously, I can't find the receipt.

I logged into eBay and found that the buyer actually sent me a message months ago saying he still hadn't got the V5! Damn, but I just hardly ever log in. So I have replied saying please can you provide details so I can get this sorted out. Thing is he's probably applied for the V5 himself within that three month period, so now why would be bother telling me his details? Just ignore it and I'll have to pay right

Any ideas on what I could do? I have him basically admitting that he was the one stopped by the police, maybe I can send that eBay message to the DVLA? Thanks for any input here...
Jon_C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 11 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This happened to me. I got a court summons. Had to contact dvla and then go to court and stand up and say it was nothing to do with me and I had sold the car. it was called a statutory declaration.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bugger... legal advice please! 23 database queries in 0.0086360 seconds