corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how to get my c20xe corsa moted?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how to get my c20xe corsa moted?
davieslim

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 11 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just walk in book it, turn up on the day and give him the key and he phones me when its ready, ive had 19's b's and 5 being xe's and never had a failure yet
john_c20xe

2nd Sep 11 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
If you get produced a red MOT cert it does void the MOT, and a tyre with 1/4 bald would pass a mot yes but most coppers wouldn't bother with it unless it was more like 1/3. And Yes it does declare the vehicle roadworthy at the time of the test (Read the MOT slip)

Going back to being void, If I were to take my car to a MOT with no brakes and it failed, It wouldn't be legal for me to then carry on driving it until the MOT runs out, Its not roadworthy.

you are correct your vehicle will be road worthy under MOT conditions but an mot test is very very basic.
i cant be assed trying to argue about it being void
john_c20xe

2nd Sep 11 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some people will not bother with the emissions test for 'more money' but this is highly illegal and isnt worth it from the amount of trouble you can get in.
vosa check our records every 6/12 months they would get a bit suspicious if there wasnt a copy of the emissions test in there
scunnylad

2nd Sep 11 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where i last worked they said if you say the engine is pre 93 they test it for none cat emissions as changing an engine and declaring it as an xe makes it a kit car emissions (as there is no guidelines for one) which can be anything near enough. mine passes everytime but im not daft, mine is declared.
vx-daft

3rd Sep 11 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car hasnt got any mot on it at moment fixing car up first.
john_c20xe

3rd Sep 11 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scunnylad
where i last worked they said if you say the engine is pre 93 they test it for none cat emissions as changing an engine and declaring it as an xe makes it a kit car emissions (as there is no guidelines for one) which can be anything near enough. mine passes everytime but im not daft, mine is declared.

good man!
yeah theres ways to get a round it but its hard to find an mot tester you can actually tell them its had a diffrent engine in before they mot it,
Jed D

3rd Sep 11 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john_c20xe
some people will not bother with the emissions test for 'more money' but this is highly illegal and isnt worth it from the amount of trouble you can get in.
vosa check our records every 6/12 months they would get a bit suspicious if there wasnt a copy of the emissions test in there

how about sticking a micra or whatever they have in on the emission tester
johnhara1

3rd Sep 11 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JedDy
how about sticking a micra or whatever they have in on the emission tester

was a little 1.2 8v corsa when i had my xe.
Jed D

3rd Sep 11 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, its stupid, theirs no law on fitting a de-cat on a road car that isn't supposed to have a de-cat and driving it. and tbh i thought all the damage was already done to the environment yeah?

i swear mines better on juice with a de-cat, why pay more for fuel and try to save the environment when its fucked anyway
vx-daft

3rd Sep 11 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good point lol

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll