corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » quick question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author quick question
b63_xe

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 11 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the inside of my corsa gets silly hot from the engine so ive been looking for some bonnet raisers ! yes chavvy i no but i believe they serve a purpose! can anybody point me in the right direction please !
Jed D

3rd Sep 11 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put your blowers on cold lol, heard you can use washers if you want to keep costs low
b63_xe

3rd Sep 11 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i do put heaters on bud, you can feel it still when i go for a spirited drive! not sure whether its cause of the bigger engine or what? not fussed about the cost just want it to be safe so washers are a no- no
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Sep 11 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Washers and longer bolts, depends how the bonnet is attached to the hinges..on my 106 I used the longer bolt and washer method, plenty of people do it, or just cut two plates to attach so it raises the bonnet.
b63_xe

3rd Sep 11 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair do's so just take one of the bolts down to a bolt place get some longer bolts and buy a few washers ??? ive just seen a few on ebay for other cars but none for a corsa
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Sep 11 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah just longer bolts and washer inbetween hinge and bonnet
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Sep 11 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't just space it out with a packing piece because the hinges are angled. It can be done with a bit of bodgery.
b63_xe

3rd Sep 11 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ohh i get you thanks for help lads ill get on the case!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » quick question 23 database queries in 0.0547779 seconds