corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » black and white bedroom themes.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author black and white bedroom themes.
Ben G

User status: Offline
16th Aug 11 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so after decorating our bedroom just over a year ago, the missus has now got bored and wants a change of theme

it's currently, cream and red and i'm not too sure how white walls with one feature black/white wall will work.

has anyone done this in any of their rooms or have any decent pics to get inspiration from?

also, will painting the wall white show up all the imperfections on the walls?

cheers.
Gary
Premium Member

16th Aug 11 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

White hides a multitude of things. We that's what a sprayer once told me

Personally indont like White Walls, have you looked at grey? Looks awsome next to eggshell skirting etc
Jake

16th Aug 11 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

egpytian cotton walls with white ceilings, coving and skirting is a nice contrast
sc0ott

17th Aug 11 at 06:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My walls are all magnolia apart from one which is black. I have my tv and xbox on a wall bracket.
FAO Andrew - i have a kingsize bed and the duvet cover is black on the main side and white on the other, same with the pillows.
Kerry

17th Aug 11 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

google monochrome bedroom loads of ideas come up

RichR
Premium Member

17th Aug 11 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's my office/3rd bedroom. White walls, then black forest wallpaper on one wall and the chimney breast

[Edited on 17-08-2011 by LiVe LeE]
Jambo

5th Sep 11 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a black/White room. It's bright and roomy if a little dull
CarbonMike

5th Sep 11 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spent about 5 years as a self employed decorator (City & Guilds an all that tosh), pull it off properly with contrasting furniture else it'll look pap IMO.

I kept it simple here, 5 walls in magnolia, 6th wall (feature wall) I papered with gold leaf paper, gold pattern with magnolia background
Jake

5th Sep 11 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CarbonMike
I spent about 5 years as a self employed decorator (City & Guilds an all that tosh), pull it off properly with contrasting furniture else it'll look pap IMO.

I kept it simple here, 5 walls in magnolia, 6th wall (feature wall) I papered with gold leaf paper, gold pattern with magnolia background

whats the secret behind getting a smooth coat using a roller without getting lines on the wall?
Gary
Premium Member

5th Sep 11 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lines with a roller? Guess you mean either side?

I found running over lightly gets rid
Jake

6th Sep 11 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i found watering down the paint a bit and using a long pole on the roller and rolling lightly all the time but thought there might be another way
Jay

7th Sep 11 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My rooms all white with black furniture and a bright green feature wall, it works but its not comfortable, its either too bright, or too dull, need to get the balance, my plan was to do the walls grey, keep the one wall green, and get white curtains and bed covers, But im gonna be moving out soon so!
Ben G

8th Sep 11 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My problem is i have oak wardrobes and doors and im not sure they'll fit in with the monochrome theme.

Reckon it would look ok if i kept the cream walls and just had a dark feature wall, curtains and bed covers? We also have a brown leather bedstead so not sure if it'll look a bit mismatched.
Ben G

8th Sep 11 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
egpytian cotton walls with white ceilings, coving and skirting is a nice contrast

Thats what i have atm, but with a red feature flowery wall.

New Poll