corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » fixing gas and electric price till 2014

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fixing gas and electric price till 2014
Gareth

User status: Offline
8th Sep 11 at 01:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking of moving to edf and fixing my gas and electric price until 2014

Has anyone else fixed?

Currently with british gas and have been for years but they are upping there prices so i might make the move now.

There is a get out fee should i want out before 2014 but is there any chance of prices dropping!?

Also im on a water metre and severn trent have dropped me to £4.25 a month! Surely that carnt be right but im not complaining
Ben G

8th Sep 11 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

British gas are taking the piss, mine keeps.going up too.

Water is actually really cheap, i pay 17 quid a mont which isnt too bad when you compare it to g+e prices.
Sam
Premium Member

8th Sep 11 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with nPower, they have put theirs up recently as well

Re. prices, of course there is always a chance of prices dropping but no-one knows if or when they will!
John

8th Sep 11 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's all a fix anyway, the prices all rise at the same time no matter how cheap the supplier is buying the energy in for.

Paying a bit extra is better than being stuck for 3 years for me.
Cavey

8th Sep 11 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=609332

I have mine fixed with EDF till March 2014. At least I know roughly how much it'll be each month.

From the graph they showed on watchdog the other night the wholesale price may well drop over the next couple of years, but it'll be a minor increase IF any to customers, more likely they'll increase it more as it's a closed market and they can charge whatever they like essentially
Rob_Quads

8th Sep 11 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=609332

I have mine fixed with EDF till March 2014. At least I know roughly how much it'll be each month.

From the graph they showed on watchdog the other night the wholesale price may well drop over the next couple of years, but it'll be a minor increase IF any to customers, more likely they'll increase it more as it's a closed market and they can charge whatever they like essentially

Yup - unless there is a major push from the watchdogs then costs of fuel is only going to go up and if recently is a guide by a good chunk each year.

I'm also fixing mine till 2014.i worked out that as long as the prices went up by around 10% by the start of 2013 i would be no worse off. The more it raises by or earlier the better off I am.

I also like the fact I can budget to it.
whitter45

9th Sep 11 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
It's all a fix anyway, the prices all rise at the same time no matter how cheap the supplier is buying the energy in for.

Paying a bit extra is better than being stuck for 3 years for me.

Agree - however costs are going to really rise over the next 18months IMO, so if it means paying only a little bit more now then it maybe ok

Its a lottery really but its like interest rates. At some point the prices and rate is going to rise so it depends how much you are willing to risk

BTW British Gas and NPower are by far the worst suppliers to deal with IMO
John

9th Sep 11 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with British Gas because whatever switching site I used said they were cheapest.

I'm paying £95 a month and I'm quite a bit in credit just now, that will obviously go down over the winter, I'm hoping the £95 covers it though.

New Poll