corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Old VW beetles

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Old VW beetles
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Sep 11 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone knowledgable or know anywhere like good forums etc?

As sadly my friends dad passed away the other week and he had an old VW beetle that is in good condition but needs a few little tweeks. Friend is going to keep it and use it as its what he would have wanted. Just he is not a car man really and I dont know the first thing about an old air cooled rear engined car

All I know is its a 1962 and has a rather large non standard I think engine in it

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
davieslim

16th Sep 11 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Old beetles are great, if he's not a car person then a beetle or old mini is a a great start, there super basic with lots of options and majority of there parts are still available or being remade to keep the ones that are left on the road, there's tons of literature from wiring, mechanics even tuning so he should get in about it
gavin18787
Premium Member

16th Sep 11 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any places to start looking though?

philip2

16th Sep 11 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Volkzone, thesamba.com, shoptalkforums.com, I used to have a cal look beetle wen I passed my test 7years ago..600kg and balloon tyres used to lift front wheels at meets haha, bu
philip2

16th Sep 11 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Volkzone, thesamba.com, shoptalkforums.com, I used to have a cal look beetle wen I passed my test 7years ago..600kg and balloon tyres used to lift front wheels at meets haha, but try those three above matey and get sum pics up and spec, u cud built a beetle with 200bhp and with rite shockers and gearbox run low 12s haha
big eck

16th Sep 11 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Edition38 is also another place to have a look.
scotty_f

16th Sep 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

edition 38 as said but local forums like dubgeneration or renegadedubs there all local both round essex
philip2

16th Sep 11 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Edition is too new though compared to thesamba and voikszone, be nice to see what the engines had done and some pics of the car
gavin18787
Premium Member

17th Sep 11 at 07:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to sort all the metal work this weekend so will pop some pics up afterwards

Warren G

17th Sep 11 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they still make them....saw one in the body shop smashed up - woundered why it was even in there then he said its new!
philip2

17th Sep 11 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stopped making vw beetles mid 2000, they still make the bay type campervans though, think last vw beetle was a W reg. but tbf the earlier the beetle the beetle and sought after.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Old VW beetles 24 database queries in 0.0151970 seconds