corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Flash Shopping Carts....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Flash Shopping Carts....
Whittie

User status: Offline
16th Sep 11 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Literally hate flash, but the whole site i'm working on at the minute is in flash. I now need to link everything and products to a shopping cart.

What's the best way for me to do this, as there is no db......

I suggested paypal products page, but the client wants a straight up payment system, he has a merchant number.

Any suggestions would be great
Brett
Premium Member

16th Sep 11 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you hate flash out of curiosity? Because you've got an ipad? Never understand why people hate on flash, it's awesome.
Russ

16th Sep 11 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's not though is it? it can be excellent, it can be shit.
Gary
Premium Member

16th Sep 11 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Why do you hate flash out of curiosity? Because you've got an ipad? Never understand why people hate on flash, it's awesome.

Im with Brett. Always loved flash.

Email me teh site welsh and ill have a gander for you.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

19th Sep 11 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so there is no product db either?
Dom

19th Sep 11 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
it's not though is it? it can be excellent, it can be shit.

Surely that's the same as anything? The ipad can be good, it can be shit / Android can be good, it can be shit etc etc

Whittie - Could have a look at something like FlashCart, iirc you can intergrate it into a Flash project as well as using it with PayPal etc. Could also bodge it and open up another browser window to some shopping cart/paypal etc. Alternatively if you have access (or can create it) to the product data, you could knock up something yourself.
Still seems like a bad use of Flash for what you're wanting to do though.
Sam
Premium Member

19th Sep 11 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't you just create a normal non-Flash shopping cart and link the products from the Flash website to the specific product pages on the cart site?

I would also advise your client having a Flash based cart system is silly TBH and probably a security issue.
Dom

19th Sep 11 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Can't you just create a normal non-Flash shopping cart and link the products from the Flash website to the specific product pages on the cart site?

I would also advise your client having a Flash based cart system is silly TBH and probably a security issue.

No more of a security risk than any other cart if the cart is designed properly; infact you'd probably make the Flash a frontend only, everything else will be dealt with server-side.

[Edited on 19-09-2011 by Dom]

New Poll