corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » £55,000 Fiesta

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author £55,000 Fiesta
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Sep 11 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair though, that is the prototype, not just something someone has built in their shed.

Alledgedly that was scrapped though...
thegsi

20th Sep 11 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nick-S
Think that is bad!!!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201127399152543/sort/priceasc/usedcars/radius/1501/page/118/keywords/type_r/postcode/tn342ru?logcode=p

62k for a Mugen Civic

[Edited on 20-09-2011 by Nick-S]

Honestly, what the fuck?!

Fiesta is cool though
antnee

20th Sep 11 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it just me, or have they done all that work, then put the harnesses into the floor and not onto the cage?
Steve
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i would rather harnesses go on proper seat belt points that are designed and tested for that purpose the cage will no doubt be well up to the job but imo makes more sense to use the pre made mount points
Jake

20th Sep 11 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it also pretty stupid to mount harnesses on a cage when you think that if the cage was distorted during a big crash the harness could move
antnee

20th Sep 11 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would (and do) prefer my harness to go to a cage/bar which load is spread much more than a normal mounting point. Every touring car, Wrc, etc always have their harnesses to the cage. Also they sit at a better angle when going to a cage
Steve
Premium Member

20th Sep 11 at 09:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats true about the angle

also true what jake says
antnee

20th Sep 11 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would have to be an absolutely huge crash to distort a horizontal bar enough to be worried about. I have seen A pillar bars distort from this crash http://youtu.be/7GoSaC05V3Q but only by a small amount.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » £55,000 Fiesta 23 database queries in 0.0057640 seconds