corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Thoughts on fiesta MK7 ZS

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thoughts on fiesta MK7 ZS
Bullet Proof SRi

User status: Offline
19th Sep 11 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After owning corsas since i could drive i purchased a Astra H 1.8 SRI XP, and i love it, however due to moving out with the GF hopefully this year early next.

Im looking at anyway we can save a bit so im thinking of getting a cheaper running car.

My thoughts are

Corsa D 1.4 SRI or 1.7 SRI though can thee still be mapped as i sheard that some people had trouble wih the 1.7.

Secondly i really do like the fiesta MK7 ZS with street pack on, looking at the 1.6 ZS petrol or TDCI, and just wondered what peoples opinions are of them if you have actually drived them or had some experience of them

I know the MK6 TDCI could be mapped to be quicker the petrol but i think the petrol one may have the edge over a mapped TDCI now from what i have heard.

[Edited on 19-09-2011 by Bullet Proof SRi]
John

19th Sep 11 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will any of them actually save any money over keeping the Astra?
Bullet Proof SRi

19th Sep 11 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes

i will save money on tax, insurance and probably a bit on fuel, so considering things are gonna be tight when we move out evry penny will count.

Could be wrong
John

19th Sep 11 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely they are more expensive to buy than the Astra?

Astra can't be worth more than a few grand now.
adiohead

19th Sep 11 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mk5 is the only z-s
Bullet Proof SRi

19th Sep 11 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Surely they are more expensive to buy than the Astra?

Astra can't be worth more than a few grand now.

Gonna have to add a bit of cash if i want to get a fiesta but we have some savings so the outlay in advance isnt the problem.

Also when you say worth a few thousand , im not sure where you get that price from, i have a 08 plate 5dr with 30,000 miles on so i think its worth 6k +, older ones arent a huge amounts cheaper

[Edited on 19-09-2011 by Bullet Proof SRi]
John

19th Sep 11 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just over 6k is about right, I just knew it would be less than a new Fiesta.

How long would it take you to save the extra outlay in tax?
scottyp1989

19th Sep 11 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not go for something a little older that you wont have to put savings into, as you say things will be tight when you first move in and its bloody expensive to furnish a house. So why not put the extra you would have put to a car that is not really esential into the place you are going to live.
Ingham
Banned

19th Sep 11 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't drived one but I've driven one, my stepdad's. Very nice to drive but not quick (TDCi).
Toby
Premium Member

19th Sep 11 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive driven the zetec s petrol. My biggest gripe is the poor build qutality of the interior. Being able to flex a sterring wheel with your hands was not a massive selling point for me but everything is donwn to preferance.

I honestly dont think you will save much more money, a derv zetec s will be about 11k i would of thougt, almost double what your astra will be worth
Bullet Proof SRi

19th Sep 11 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah tbh think i wrote it down wrong.

Only the petrol mk7 would be a option , not the diesel.

We have seperate savings for the furnishing, so as such its savings that could be spent.

The tax on the fiesta is practically half the price, im sure petrol will be a a bit of saving, plus things like servicing may be cheaper , 18"tyres are a bit of a killer on the astra, however its been reliable so no costs there.

Bullet Proof SRi

19th Sep 11 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and i also wondered about the interior on the mk7, ive not sat in one but it doesnt look great looking through the glsss
T21SVJ

19th Sep 11 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weve sold a few MK7 fiesta, Personal opinion is i think the MK6 is a better drivers car more feed back through the wheel and better built inside.

MK7 interior is abit dissapointing cheap feeling plastic and very light steering but very roomy for a small car.

Ben G

19th Sep 11 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the mk7 the new one yes?

if so, fantastic cars.

was going to trade the focus in for one but was put off by the huge finance cost, wasn't worth it at the time for me.

very good handling motors, not overly quick but enough for you to have some fun down the back roads.

i have just a zetec 1.25 mk7 fiesta now and thats brilliant even though it only has 80bhp. handles just as good as my old puma did.

interiors are ok, i wasn't keen on the centre console mobile phone thing at first but now it looks pretty good. zetec s seats are nice as the side bolsters are much larger.

yes the lower plastics look a bit cheap but you don't look at them.

17'' wheels are a must on them also, anything less looks really small.

titaniums with street pack and the 1.6 engine are actually the better buy as they have more equipment on but depends what you want i suppose.
Ben G

19th Sep 11 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they also have a newish colour out called micastone metallic:

different to the usual sea grey and frozen white, i've seen it up close at a local dealer and it looks fantastic.
beckyw

20th Sep 11 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a petrol ZS on coilovers and it handles great! Pulling away is abit sluggish but once you pick up speed its fine.. I'd recommend one, i love mine
Ben G

20th Sep 11 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

post up some pics, bet it looks great on the coilovers.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Thoughts on fiesta MK7 ZS 23 database queries in 0.0140281 seconds