corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » High Temperature Silicone Spray where from?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author High Temperature Silicone Spray where from?
SetH

User status: Offline
24th Sep 11 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to wrap my downpipe before the engine goes back in the Scoob next Week.

Am going to be using black DEI heat wrap and trying to track down some black HT Silicone Spray but on the bay can only find sellers in the USA or one UK Seller with 6-8 economy delivery and not other postage options which would be too late.

Any suggestions for suppliers? has to be the black spray.

Thanks.
BarnshaW

24th Sep 11 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant you just wet the DE heat wrap and use metal clamps on it? or wire wrapped round? thats what the others do mate
SetH

25th Sep 11 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah dude I will be doing that already.

The sealent is just for protection from the elements my son
Steve
Premium Member

25th Sep 11 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the downpipe made from? mild steel or stainless?
SetH

25th Sep 11 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.haywardandscott.com/subaru/subaru-impreza-classic-downpipe.html

I'm not actually sure my Son.

I am just rewrapping the DP whilst it is off the Car as the old wrap had been on since the DP was fitted and has pretty much crumbled and died.
alan-g-w

25th Sep 11 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the silicone spray's just to stop it rusting why would spray hammerite not do the job?

And the fact you don't know what it's made from is quite funny, if it's stainless it doesn't need any sort of weather protection

[Edited on 25-09-2011 by alan-g-w]
SetH

25th Sep 11 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
If the silicone spray's just to stop it rusting why would spray hammerite not do the job?

And the fact you don't know what it's made from is quite funny, if it's stainless it doesn't need any sort of weather protection

[Edited on 25-09-2011 by alan-g-w]

Spray Hammerite is resistant up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit is it? What is more funny is that you think I want to apply silicone sealant directly to the downpipe FPMSL

I have just removed the old wrap from the down pipe which has been sitting on the garage floor since it came off, thus I had not had a proper look at it. Have removed the old Wrap and it is composed of mild Steel.

I am well aware that stainless does not need any sort of weather protection as I have had 15 years of cars with aftermarket stainless rear boxes

The HT silicone spray is not for application to the Down Pipe, it is for application to the Wrap, to Seal it and give it some wet weather protection and provide some longevity.

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

25th Sep 11 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get it ceramic coated

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » High Temperature Silicone Spray where from? 23 database queries in 0.0119481 seconds