corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » astra 2.0T convertibles

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author astra 2.0T convertibles
StuartVRS

User status: Offline
27th Sep 11 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking at a nice one at moment, on an 02 plate with 65k miles. Full vaux service history, sat nav, heated leather,xenons looks like it has irmsher bumpers too (and horrid wheels) Dont know much about the cars, so anything major that i should be looking at? Common faults? Wont be doing mega miles, just a second car for nice days and this is silly cheap imo.
Pete_vxl

27th Sep 11 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother had a 1.8 so engine wise i cant comment.

I found the suspension horrible, mostly due to it being a convertible but it was very stiff like coilovers, there was also a lot of squeeking from the roof and as it had full leather there was a lot of seat noise. Wind noise was ok though. The roof developed a deep scratch on it as when it was retracting into the boot it would be rubbing metal against metal but that may have just been that car specifically.

[Edited on 27-09-2011 by Pete_vxl]
Pete_vxl

27th Sep 11 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its the leh/ler the next service might be the turbo replacement one, it wont be a vxr turbo but it will still be acouple of hundred quid.
StuartVRS

27th Sep 11 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

turbo replacement?? Sounds bad... Its just had a belt change too.
Pete_vxl

27th Sep 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh, some of the turbos on them last untill 100k, just depends on how it has been treated and wether or not your paranoid. I had an astra gsi which i changed the turbo at 45k as i got it at a really good price And was weary of the previous owner and my brother had a vxr which its turbo went pop at 52k.
StuartVRS

27th Sep 11 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh its gonna do 5k miles a year at most so it wont be a massive issue. Ill set aside money and if turbo goes, ill get a bigger one
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Sep 11 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine is LET I think?

Typically if it's chipped it'll kill the turbo earlier, look for smoke under load. Also check the idle for hunting and dips, should be smooth and quiet. A good one won't feel like it's running on tick-over.
StuartVRS

27th Sep 11 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It looks lowered and has horrible wheels, so id hazard a guess its prob had some work under the bonnet. Just looked at pics again and cant see satnav...
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Sep 11 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are two types of nav screen, monochrome is the same shape as the regular display and just has arrows and road names and stuff. Colour has a larger screen with a map.
Pete_vxl

27th Sep 11 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could tell if its the decent nav as the top of the console would be a different shape, really rare to get that on a mk4 astra.
chloe16v

27th Sep 11 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it will be the z20let engine. turbos are shocking on them and most people upgrade to the vxr turbo
Chris
Premium Member

27th Sep 11 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i m on my 4th turbo, done 62k
makincorsac

28th Sep 11 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris
i m on my 4th turbo, done 62k

Lead foot then
7unner172

29th Sep 11 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good cars for what you pay for them

i have a coupe let and was champion loved it to bits
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Sep 11 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheap to own as well, I got 5k for mine in 2008, only lost about 1500 quid in three years for whoever bought it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » astra 2.0T convertibles 23 database queries in 0.0139871 seconds