corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cam shaft sensor

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cam shaft sensor
painner

User status: Offline
4th Oct 11 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi can anyone give me some advice. I have had the engine management light on my dashboard on for ages now. I bought one off eBay last year (second hand) and they said it worked fine. so installed it and went to garage to have light turned off and they said they don’t think it’s an original Vauxhall part as they couldn’t turn it off , so left it for a few months then it wound me up having the light on all the time . So bought a new one off eBay and it’s defiantly an original Vauxhall part and took it to have the light turned off again and yet again it wouldn’t. Now they say it must be a wiring fault. Can anyone advise me what I can look for as really want to get this sorted once and for all, as its costing me £30 every time i take it Many thanks
Corsa b 14I SPORT 1995 X 14 XE ENGINE
johnhara1

4th Oct 11 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put your light on a switch.

If it runs poorly, switch light on and flash the codes.
painner

4th Oct 11 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car seems to drive ok here is the print out diag report
code: P0340 camshaft posiotion sensor not present A circuit (bank 1 or single sensor) - circuit malfunction
johnhara1

4th Oct 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like wiring then.

Get it to an auto electrician or get another loom to try. I have a full loom here but i chopped the cam sensor plug off to use on my x20xev so it's useless to you.

New Poll