corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Brembo pad pin removal

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brembo pad pin removal
ChrisBoom

User status: Offline
7th Oct 11 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trying to change the pads on my friends Clio 197, which has brembo front brakes. Its meant to be a case of hammer the pins out, replace pads, hammer pins back in.

However, the pins are totally seized solid, and will not budge. Dont want to put heat on them as its a nice shiny aluminium calliper! Am I going to have to drill the fuckers out?
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

7th Oct 11 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously pads are a consumable, but the calliper and pins should be covered under warranty IMO.
Pucci1

7th Oct 11 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wd40 + hit it harder? are you using a dot punch?

New Poll