corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » all NON-corsa b owners...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author all NON-corsa b owners...
RCoughtrie

User status: Offline
8th Oct 11 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always looking back and defo want another b in my life really want another gsi tbh, could never use it as a daily again tho would miss modern day extras but would happly spend a silly amount of time and money modding and playing about again
Hodgy

8th Oct 11 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the way i seen it been there, done that got the t-shirt

it is seriously daft chucking 3k + at a corsa b i did what i did with mine to be different then everyone done it lol in a away

you get sick of bobbing up and down like noddy

so i wanted comfort, fuel economy power and reliability

i will always have a soft spot for my corsa have pictures of it everywhere was proud of it had blood, sweat and tears in that thing but i woke up and realized theres no point anymore......

so got my self a ST lol

on another note i will one day do it again lol

[Edited on 08-10-2011 by Hodgy]
Ben J

8th Oct 11 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never had a "B". Had use of my mums after I passed my test tho. Had a "C" as my first car. Loved it.

Natural progression made me get rid....

Corsa C SXI 1.2
Astra SRI CDTI 150 XP 5dr
Astra VXR
Audi A4
Jed D

8th Oct 11 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its more so budget and the fact i dont have a off road location to park it. if i did i think id be doing some changes to it that'd keep me interested in it
Eck
Premium Member

8th Oct 11 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had five of the things.

1.0 12v - Always had sensor issues
1.2 8v - First car, loved it til I bent it on a kerb
2.0 16v - Bought when I was banned to keep me occupied, but it would have been absurd insurance so swapped it for:
1.6 Sport - Looked nice, but whenever I looked at it, I just didn't like it for some reason. Sold before I was even back on the road.
1.4 Sport - Even with a Mantzel, 4-2-1 and decat system it was shockingly slow, so converted it to a 2.0 16v which was nippy in a straight line, but god awful in every other department.

Would only ever go back to a Corsa for a LET and even then it would have to be a bargain before I even considered it.
Daveskater
Premium Member

8th Oct 11 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My B was a 1.0 12v and also my first car - got fed up with it being so unbelievably slow. Found out I could insure a Corsa C SRi for less than the 1.0 B so the hunt was on for a decent one locally that had to be black and preferably facelift Didn't want much

Tbh I wouldn't mind something like a Corsa B to just mess around with, whether it be a busted one that I can fix just for learning's sake or a track day car, but I just don't have the money or space for one.

I quite like the Vauxhall scene and prefer it over the styles and people from French/VAG etc generally and there is an unquantifiable amount of knowledge on here for anything to do with any Vauxhall so I think I'll probably be staying with the marque for a while yet. It does help that modding Vauxhalls is much cheaper than say the Jap scene where everything is covered in excessive carbon fibre or highly tuned

[Edited on 08-10-2011 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Oct 11 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not run one as a daily since 2001, changed for an Astra Coupe because it was more grown up and sensible.

Don't object to the concept of throwing money at one though, it's a hobby.
JM_16v

8th Oct 11 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well corsa doesn't do good mpg and not as comfy as passat tdi I have so won't replace that.

Corsa doesn't have enough power and is fwd and I wanted something rwd for weekend car
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

8th Oct 11 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spunked £15k on mine, loved it and wish I had it in garage!

But you grow up, your priorties change and just generally move away from 10+ yr old corsas!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Ricky352

8th Oct 11 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a few Corsas and was looking to buy one which had been converted to a 2.0 when I spotted a MK2 Astra GTE 16v, so I bought that instead. This got me into cars which were a bit older and I've since owned a Nova Saloon and Mini, both from '85.

I'm in my final year of studying and I'm sure once I need a sensible motor for work and settling down I won't have a 'different' daily driver.

I really do think I'll get another B though as I never got to own one with a 2.0 despite banging on about them for years lol.
daymoon
Premium Member

8th Oct 11 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only bought mine cos I was desperate for a car and it was within the budget and looked/drove ok.

Turned out to be pretty reliable and economical! Only sold due to sparkplug dropping an electrode and engine not running well since that.

But yet, upwards and forwards with most cars. Went from E36 coupe to a VW Bora. Only sold the E36 cos of the cost of running it (part time job).... Now have E39 530d which is really good on diesel (44.3 mpg on last tank), fast and comfy! Think I will keep it for a while!
Mark.W

8th Oct 11 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still have my corsa iv had it 5 years now spent stupid amounts of money on it over the years and i just can't see where tho when i look at it.

Bought a mk5 astra turbo last February for a daily drive as the corsa had become unbarable and embarrising if taking any of the family out anywhere and the diffrenence is unreal much its comfy,practical,sporty and actually feel safe in it

Been considering selling it after pvs 2012 as i can't justify how much it costs to keep it on the road now for how much it gets used but iv tried to part with it a few times and its really hard with it been my 1st car and that so will see how i feel in June.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » all NON-corsa b owners... 24 database queries in 0.0734420 seconds