corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Junior league changes scores to stop kids being embarrassed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Junior league changes scores to stop kids being embarrassed
Cavey

User status: Offline
11th Oct 11 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/10/11/junior-football-league-airbrushes-scores-to-spare-blushes-115875-23480191/

Fucking ridiculous. How are kids meant to know whether they're shit or not, and develop banter skills?! Imagine how match day would be if doyle or steve were considered equal I do not want to live in that world
Robbo

11th Oct 11 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as said in the article, ina year or so's time are they not scrapping results in all under-x games to focus on skill levels instead of end result?

does seem daft mind. although... could the EPL implement it so that it looks like we lost one nil to man utd and blackburn
Cavey

11th Oct 11 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough focusing on skill, but what's the point of playing a match if you're not trying to win.

Surely it's worse having 22 showboating 10 year olds on the pitch not passing and never trying to score?
Robbo

11th Oct 11 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i read it on BBC a while back - a MASSIVE overhaul of under-x (13s i think it was) where matches are basically culled
Cavey

11th Oct 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so in 10 years all teams will be like arsenal, passing everywhere, bit of skill, but never trying to score, or win, and ultimately falling short at every hurdle.

Great.
Jake

11th Oct 11 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in this day and age banter skills are more important than any other skills
Nath

11th Oct 11 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are soon to be doing away with scores AND reducing team sizes.
Ojc

11th Oct 11 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad runs my nephews team, hes turned them around fantastically since last year where then didn't even score a goal to having not lost in their first 5 games.

But, what hes finding frustrating difficult is having to tell these kids they aren't as good as mummy & daddy have been telling them for the last 10 years
Steve
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you going to call the football team made up of Sarahs children when they all get old enough?
Nath

11th Oct 11 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooooooooooh
JonnyJ

11th Oct 11 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They need to get youngsters off playing on full size pitches and 11 a side. This is why england struggles to produce players of the Spanish quality because the youngsters that get noticed are the ones who have developed quick, the ones who are taller and stronger, not the best technically gifted ones.

Five a side style pitches and teams will be much more useful for kids under the age of 14, where they can focus on ball retention and controlling the ball under pressure.

We have developed a nation of kids who are encouraged to "get it upfield" and "get stuck into em" which is all fine and well if you want to produce BSP quality players, but we will never challenge the likes of Spain and Brazil who players run rings around us.
Cavey

11th Oct 11 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was under the impression that they'd implemented 5-a-side up to that age already anyway?

I agree with you, more touches of the ball, better close control, more focus on skill.

But you still have to go out there to try and win the fucking game, and stuff the opposition, if you do, you deserve it to be recognised and recorded by the people in charge, not for them to go.. "yeah, you won 1-0 in the history books"
JonnyJ

11th Oct 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They still play 11 a side at some young ages, on half/full pitches, which is just too big.

When i was at school we would play 11 a side on full pitches at 11/12. I was fucked after 20mins and could barely kick the ball 30 yards, probably why i ended up a keeper and it was no surprise the big, tall lads stood out.

I suppose you could argue the scoreline is pretty trivial at those ages, but agree that its good to get a competitive side into the kids early on, i know if our team hammered someone we would brag about it for ages

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Junior league changes scores to stop kids being embarrassed 24 database queries in 0.0145650 seconds