corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Petroleum Engineering

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Petroleum Engineering
AK

User status: Offline
15th Oct 11 at 05:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

....yes, but the wages are good so it evens out
WATSON

15th Oct 11 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
....yes, but the wages are good so it evens out

Yeah that's true.
Matt H

15th Oct 11 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
Norway would be a brilliant place to live.... I'd really like to live there at some point. Spent a lot of time in Stavanger in the past (almost half my time for 3 years). Stavanger, Bergen, Oslo and Kristiansand (or sund... the northern one!) this year but not long stays.

Yes - its pretty expensive to live there BUT you get pretty damn good wages and you can see what the taxes are used for. Nice place.... and if you are single... get there asap

sund is 'up North'
sand is 'daan saarrrf'

That's how I remember it

I was in Stavanger during freshers week. So. Many. Hot. Girls.

A lot of Swedes too, apparently they all flock to Norway to work in the hotels & restaurants. Yet to have an ugly waitress yet
Matt H

15th Oct 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
Stavanger is nice.

I managed to get banned from the Mexican restraunt on the harbour front for about half a year In the same place Fee thought it would be a good idea to order cocktail shaker after shaker (something called a short walk in a long field or the other way around). £50 a pop and it was on my bloody expenses card :O

Loads of good bars and such on the weekend - not much nightlife during the week. Warmer than Scotland in the Summer, more wintery than Scotland wet winters too (i.e more crisp snow). Close to good skiing.

If you move to Norway for any length of time you'd need get your self a boat (to drive to the pub) and a log cabin in fjords for the weekends - its the done thing.

Little Mexico? Yeah i've been in there & also spent a fortune There's also a nice mexican a little further back from the harbour called...

"The Adventures of Harry Pepper, the telephone man, on his way to Mexico. Since 1986"

Great name. Very catchy They have someone who is soley responsible for mixing fancy tequila mixes after your meal. And I'm not takling about a Wetherspoons type cocktail. This was some serious gourmet shit
AK

15th Oct 11 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Harry Pepper rings a bell, up near the bowling alley ??
Matt H

15th Oct 11 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kind of, the place next to the bowling alley is Phileas Fogg's. Kind of a travel themed restaurant. Pretty nice actually

Harry Peppers is further from the harbour. If you know where all the brighty coloured shops are it's dead close to that
AK

16th Oct 11 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Foggs is next to Papirazzi (or used to be anyway)... 1 steet behind the front on the end of that road full of bars etc.

Isnt the bowling alley just round the corner from Cardinal?
Xs

16th Oct 11 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt H what is it you do?

Watson - What's your job / position with Subsea7?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Petroleum Engineering 23 database queries in 0.0065832 seconds