corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: A very special collection of cars...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Polished Bliss®: A very special collection of cars...
BluKoo

User status: Offline
26th Oct 11 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As usual, all pictures and text are lifted from detailing world.
Also its not me doing the work. Its my brother, so I can't answer any detailing questions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those of you who follow us on twitter will have seen some of these pictures last week :thumb:

This isn't a full write up as such as the time frame to get all these done was a bit crazy but I know some of you will appreciate these kind of cars as they're a bit different to the norm so I've got a collection of afters for you to see

This job basically came about after one of our contract customers passed on our details. The owner of these cars had a few select members of a local motoring club coming round for an evening and as a result he needed the cars looking a bit better than they currently were. With only a couple of days available and the cars looking a bit grubby (and covered in WD40 residue previously used to clean them!) the plan was to try and devote an equal amount of time to each one without getting too engrossed in every tiny detail otherwise I'd have been there for weeks! Believe it or not the majority of the cars are regularly used in the summer months

As you can imagine I used just about every product I have to hand on all these cars but the following is a pretty close basic process used for each car to get me going with extra bits here and there.

- Dusted down with Lambswool Duster.
- Fully QD'd.
- Auto Finesse Tripple applied to paintwork & wheels.
- Auto Finesse Crystal used to clean the glass.
- Werkstat Prime Strong on all chrome/brass work.
- Leather cleaned and fed with Swissvax products.
- Rubber seals fed with Swissvax Seal.
- Tyres dressed with Swissvax Pneu.

I should add that the pictures were all taken on my compact as Rich had the new SLR with him in Florida so apologies if the quality of some aren't quite up to the normal standards!

Ok so first up we have a 1945 MG TC:

The owner was very particular about having the chrome work on the dash polished as it had tarnished slightly so Prime Strong was used there as well. Swissvax Wood Polish was used on the wood:

Next up was a 1945 Split Screen Morris Minor:

Next to the MM was a 1908 Talbot, it took a while to polish up the brass on this one:

This one is known as a "White" and comes from the USA, as far as I can gather it's from 1905 and has a steam engine. I really grew to like this one as I worked away on it, it was so well built considering its age and is proper luxurious!

Lurking behind the White was an absolute beast of a 1929 Bentley 4.5L, the chrome work came up beautifully again using Werkstat Prime Strong:

Hiding behind the massive Bentley was a late 1920's Bugatti Type 37, Auto Finesse Metal Polish was given a good test on the various components and wheels on this one:

All done

I never had to touch this one (Although I did give it a going over with the Lambswool Duster before taking the pics) but I thought it was too good not to share :thumb:

Mileage?....

And one final shot to show the size difference compared to the Bentley which I thought was rather comical, the headlight is about the same size as the mini's wheel!

If anyone has any questions on what products were used for any parts of the cars etc then fire away as I obviously haven't listed every single product for every stage used.

Thanks for looking, I'm fully aware these won't be to everyone's taste but I thought they were pretty cool and I'm chuffed to bits I got to work on such a rare and valuable collection of motors
Haimsey
Premium Member

26th Oct 11 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My god, what a collection!

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Jambo

26th Oct 11 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
My god, what a collection!

That Bently and Bugatti must be worth more than my house!

Also @ the leather sofa on the "car"
Ben G

26th Oct 11 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats better than my sofa at home
BeetleGav

26th Oct 11 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they all need lowering LOL some serious money there. a lass who i knows dad had a bugatti of that period. dont dare think howmuch it must be worth
Lee_fr200

26th Oct 11 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow
BluKoo

27th Oct 11 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
they all need lowering LOL some serious money there. a lass who i knows dad had a bugatti of that period. dont dare think howmuch it must be worth

I had a quick look on google and I think they go around £300k.
Its a cool looking car, but I'd be spending my money else where.

[Edited on 27-10-2011 by BluKoo]
M2RTY

29th Oct 11 at 05:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last one might not be chrome as it wasnt used before the late 1920s, 1929?

[Edited on 29-10-2011 by M2RTY]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: A very special collection of cars... 24 database queries in 0.0141530 seconds