corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MOTs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MOTs
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Nov 11 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone here have a new style MOT certificate?

My neighbour got his van MOT'd yesterday and he showed me the certificate, just a normal printed piece of white paper now and it looks really shit

[Edited on 01-11-2011 by Sam]
pow
Premium Member

1st Nov 11 at 08:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't be bothered if I didn't get a certificate at all. One less peice of paper for me to loose
tom130691
Premium Member

1st Nov 11 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill have one by saturday
davieslim

1st Nov 11 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah looks shit, advisories are printed on it as well which i thought was good as most people usually throw the advisory sheet away
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Nov 11 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah just got mine done, just printed on regular paper as you say.

Doesn't really matter, fact is it has one, which is apparent if you check online, the paper is less useful.
Sam
Premium Member

1st Nov 11 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dunno maybe it's just me but I think the green MOT certs appear more "official looking" than bog standard black and white printouts?

I also agree though about the advisories being on the same sheet as the cert.
Graham88

1st Nov 11 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sent off an old style to put my plate on retention and just got a new style back, way too easy to replicate
pow
Premium Member

1st Nov 11 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But it's all stored centrally now so who gives a shit
3CorsaMeal

1st Nov 11 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its such a shame, i used to take great pride in the appearance of my MOT certificate, certainly won't be framing these new ones for my wall, thats for sure...
s4k1b

1st Nov 11 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very easy to replicate - thats why everyone will do an online check from now on.

which will make people wise-up on those selling clocked cars
johnhara1

1st Nov 11 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can request an embossed certificate apparently.

Can quite easily remove any advisories with a photocopier and a bit of blank paper though.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Nov 11 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

advisories are all online too

although mot checks online are a bit of a pain in the arse currently requiring a V5 number etc

should just be able to pull one up on reg alone
johnhara1

1st Nov 11 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes the advisories are on line but chances are they'll not even be checked if the buyer has a certificate in their hands.

well not until their new car fails its next mot anyway.
Jambo

1st Nov 11 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Advisories is a bit cunty. Had some snooty tester who wanted to try and make a few bob out of Mrs Jambo & put brake pads low on her test and they are still not low after a year and an MOT at decent garage where they didn't notice 1year later that the pads where "low"
Steve
Premium Member

1st Nov 11 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

problem atm when buying a car if you see pics online or whatever you cant check its mot status because you need the v5 then you need to faff around at the garage getting this before you can check and also is a pain getting internet access actually onsite at the place
John

1st Nov 11 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure why you'd be faffing around at a garage?

Tell them to fix any advisories it had, problem solved.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Nov 11 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i mean say you saw a car on AT, the easiest thing would be to whack a reg number into the system and get the details before you go, rather then have to worry about asking for v5 numbers at the sales place, its just an extra thing to sort that could be done previous

[Edited on 01-11-2011 by Steve]
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Nov 11 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree it would be nicer to look these up while you're not with the car.

Currently needs reference numbers and you then need to do that while you're with the car, which isn't really necessary.

Wouldn't worry if it said the pads are low. Just means the buyer is going to look at the pads, which if they're fine enough to be borderline probably means the buyer shouldn't mind too much.

Or if they need changing, do that. I'd be more impressed if someone had preventively changed things in advance of the next test.

[Edited on 01-11-2011 by Ian]
Eddx14xe

2nd Nov 11 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Advisories is a bit cunty. Had some snooty tester who wanted to try and make a few bob out of Mrs Jambo & put brake pads low on her test and they are still not low after a year and an MOT at decent garage where they didn't notice 1year later that the pads where "low"

Alot of garages do this. I was told i needed new shocks and springs all round and my front brakes were 'dangerously' low. Four months later it passed its MOT without anything mentioned about the parts that 'needed' replacing.
Colin

2nd Nov 11 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All this sort of stuff should be stored online by now ffs its 2011, papers deid!!!
pow
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My pont exactly Coling
SteveoBC
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got one of our customers cars MOT'd while in for repairs, tried not to laugh when i gave him his Porsche back along with the new MOT certificate

reason being was his response when i gave it back to him was "jesus christ what a piece of shit certificate, iv just forked out 50 odd quid for something my 5 year old could make on the computer at home ffs!"

obviously he was aware of the mot listed online but i can see his point

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MOTs 23 database queries in 0.0178292 seconds