corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VAGcom people

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VAGcom people
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 11 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would I ask a question which had no relevance to me, then make up a random car to prove a point Steve?

The car is not mine, I only have my BMW.

I was asked the question as he was getting annoyed with it cutting out mid corner.

You lot make me laugh, you really do.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gif of you laughing?
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reckon remove the factory brake switch and wire your own in just for the lights
antnee

2nd Nov 11 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But that could also mess up ABS controller, etc.

As said, only company I have heard of that can sort it is Shark.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im assuming its had abs removed being a super duper track car
antnee

2nd Nov 11 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just because its a powerful track car, doesn't mean it doesn't need ABS, might still be used on the road a lot.
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would you bin the ABS for the sake of it? it's not intrusive and it stops it ending up in the gravel if you brake too late.

I nearly binned broster's clio at Oulton when I braked on some oil and it locked up, i missed the gravel by about 6 inches, if it had ABS, that wouldn't have been even close to happening.

It's not a race car, it's a track car....
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright anger management its not our fault you cant modulate a brake pedal yourself, lots of anger around lately.

Anyway i dont think the brake switch would affect the abs imo, should be sensing from the sensors and not go anywhere near the brake switch. Doubt the abs relies on a shitty switch, but could be wrong.

Anyway i still think rewiring the switch just to the rear lights is a possible way to go.

[Edited on 02-11-2011 by Steve]
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Alright anger management its not our fault you cant modulate a brake pedal yourself, lots of anger around lately.

I can, hence the car not ending up in the gravel.

What I'm saying is if it had been a car with ABS, the wheels wouldn't have locked up in the first place, so I wouldn't have narrowly avoided it!
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or should learn to drive and not be racing driver robin
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you even on about?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VAGcom people 23 database queries in 0.0132780 seconds