corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Renault clio immobiliser - common problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Renault clio immobiliser - common problem
mex

User status: Offline
6th Nov 11 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The girlfriends clio had a leaky sunroof and has made the immobiliser kick in, apparently its a common problem, does anyone know how to disable it ? its a clio 1.4 rt

anyone had any experience with this ?
jameswalshe1990

6th Nov 11 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates Clio had this problem he took it to Renault and they replaced the chip in the key
gez bay

6th Nov 11 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get in touch with avs-performance.
he deals with clios. common fault. he charges peanuts to sort it out
Matty W

6th Nov 11 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leaky sunroof shouldnt affect your imobiliser t all. the main faults with clio imobilisers are earth faults, relay faults, broken wires, damaged keys or broken decoder ring. the easy way to tell if its going to be a big job or not is put the key in the ignition and see what the red light does. if it flashes rapidly, its the key or ring decoder at fault ( most common when i worked at renault ) , if it stays solid, its a fault elsewhere such as broken wires in the engine bay ( also common ) or relays etc

if you have a spare key, see what it does with both of them
Mertin

6th Nov 11 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mums clio starts playing up when the battery in the key gets low, will open but wont start or turn over. New key always sorts it out
jay26

6th Nov 11 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you need to do is pop the cover off the sunroof surround (the bit with the receiver in) and put it on the radiator for a couple of hours to dry out properly, when you go to refit it make sure you spay it with contact cleaner first
mex

6th Nov 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will try the above, thanks i know that the arial leaks aswell so will take off and seal properly.

The light flashes rapidly when ignition turns on

Edit - Also the central locking doesnt work when pressing the fob i have to use the door lock to open the doors

[Edited on 06-11-2011 by mex]
Mertin

6th Nov 11 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked the fob battery, seeing as it wont even open doors?
ChrisBoom

6th Nov 11 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking Clio immbolizers, mine fucked up, was a broken wire in by the fusebox. Took me fucking ages to find it too, bought new a new ECU and everything trying to fix the cunt! But as said, try changing the battery in the fob.
Cole

6th Nov 11 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the ring around the ignition barrel my Clio has just had the exact same problem it's not the leaky sunroof as mine does that also
mex

6th Nov 11 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All done, was the leaky sunroof.
Dried it out, i also re coded the keyfob using a program i found on internet started up 1st time

just need to re program the central locking to work now
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

6th Nov 11 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by music1990
leaky sunroof shouldnt affect your imobiliser t all. the main faults with clio imobilisers are earth faults, relay faults, broken wires, damaged keys or broken decoder ring. the easy way to tell if its going to be a big job or not is put the key in the ignition and see what the red light does. if it flashes rapidly, its the key or ring decoder at fault ( most common when i worked at renault ) , if it stays solid, its a fault elsewhere such as broken wires in the engine bay ( also common ) or relays etc

if you have a spare key, see what it does with both of them

All the older ones have a recieve in where the interior light is, they fill up with water.

Spent a fair whack of my apprenticeship fixing immobiliser faults on the MK1 & early MK2 Clios.

Later ones were usually the engine bay relays corroding/wiring corroded.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Renault clio immobiliser - common problem 23 database queries in 0.0108039 seconds