corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » EPPP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EPPP
MJFF88

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 11 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...AKA elite player performance plan.

I can't see a thread on this so thought I'd start one. What a load of fucking bollocks.

Premier league clubs share £5million a season to each of the 72 football league clubs (£70k each).
Buying clubs will have to pay £3000 for every year the academy player has spent at the club between ages 9 & 11
Buying clubs will have to pay between £12,500 & £40,000 for every year the academy player has spent at the club between ages 12 & 16

So when Spurs STOLE Bostock of us we got compensated £750k which made every single Palace fan livid. Under the new rules he'll be worth £130k.

Clubs like Palace, Crewe & Southampton are going to get royally fucked over just so the England team can have a greater chance at winning the world cup.

Spoke to Steve Parish (Palace chairman) on my radio show earlier, he makes some really interesting points, well worth a listen http://www.holradio.net/Parish.mp3

[Edited on 23-10-2011 by MJFF88]
Tom

24th Oct 11 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a massive joke, I completely agree.

Weren't the smaller clubs all basically blackmailed into it, i.e. they had already planned their years with the money they usually get and they were told if they didn't vote 'yes' then that money would be reduced?

Clubs can also recruit youth players who live more than 90 minutes away too. I don't necessarily think the big clubs are the best at developing players all of the time. Look at the job clubs like QPR are doing for example.

MJFF88

24th Oct 11 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
It's a massive joke, I completely agree.

Weren't the smaller clubs all basically blackmailed into it, i.e. they had already planned their years with the money they usually get and they were told if they didn't vote 'yes' then that money would be reduced?

Clubs can also recruit youth players who live more than 90 minutes away too. I don't necessarily think the big clubs are the best at developing players all of the time. Look at the job clubs like QPR are doing for example.

They were blackmailed yeah and clubs that don't run a decent academy will make profit, which us why it got passed.

"It has been reported in the press that they threatend to withold £5million of youth devolpment money. Thats not the case. Last year, they increased the parachute payments to four years. They also gave each championship club £1.2million extra of soladarity payments which are given from the premier league TV money down to the lower leagues. Basically, we were told that would be removed. If a club has got a normal academy that doesn't really produce that many players, they'll get about a net £200k more towards the running of their academy. So a lot of clubs just figured they'll be better off. "

We've got 5 academy in the starting 11 at the moment and Parish told us yesterday the aim is to have 11 out of 11 in the next few years (Which knowing the academy lads coming through now is more than possible). A couple of out 18 year old have 100+ league/cup caps for the club.

[Edited on 24-10-2011 by MJFF88]
Tom

24th Oct 11 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It stinks.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 11 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MJFF88
Clubs like Palace, Crewe & Southampton are going to get royally fucked over just so the England team can have a greater chance at winning the world cup.

MJFF88

28th Oct 11 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just another word on this, I've got Gareth Southgate versus Steve Parish live radio debate on Thursday (not 100% on that yet). Will be a fucking good listen, Parish will not hold back.
Cavey

29th Oct 11 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have just re-read this and as a Crewe fan it obviously angers me!

As far as i'm aware, everything Crewe have done with regards to their academy was done with their money, that they recieved from producing players in the first place. Why should other clubs benefit from being shit in producing decent youngsters when Crewe have spent millions developing and improving their facilities to achieve the best they can with the players available, you ask people about good academys and Crewe would be one of the first names mentioned.

We've not produced too much over the last few years admittedly, but we had the only 2 league 2 players in the England U-17s world cup, both of whom played pretty well! And the other night we had 17 of the 20 premier league scouts there to look at Max Clayton and Nick Powell, who were those two players. (Both 17) - So we'd get paid a pittance for them for all the effort we've put in under these new rules?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate used to play for crewe
Nath

29th Oct 11 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just don't end up non-league. You get even less help.
Cavey

29th Oct 11 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We won't get relegated, there will always be 2 clubs worse than us in the league!
MJFF88

30th Oct 11 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We took part in a 5 minute demonstration today. 15.00-15.05. Impact we had when we walked down onto the stand was immense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GLjfDz9vYpQ#t=69s

[Edited on 30-10-2011 by MJFF88]
MJFF88

7th Nov 11 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Live now if anybody is interested. Steve Parish & Gareth Southgate.

http://www.holradio.net

[Edited on 07-11-2011 by MJFF88]
Fro

8th Nov 11 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
We won't get relegated, there will always be 2 clubs worse than us in the league!

Daggers
MJFF88

8th Nov 11 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://bit.ly/s2IVjH for anybody wanting to listen to it. Chris Moyles was tweeting about it yesterday and there is an article based on this coming up in a couple of the papers. Not bad for an internet ran Palace station eh?

Southgate saying this was forced through by the Premier League and the FA didn't really have a choice. Extremely interesting, felt bad for Gareth at points as Steve ripped in to him.

[Edited on 08-11-2011 by MJFF88]
Jake

8th Nov 11 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who is bostock and how did spurs steal him from you
Danny P

8th Nov 11 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
We took part in a 5 minute demonstration today. 15.00-15.05. Impact we had when we walked down onto the stand was immense.

You involved in the HF at all mate?

Top group you've got down at Palace and second only to the Green Brigade at Celtic in the UK IMO.
MJFF88

8th Nov 11 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
quote:

You involved in the HF at all mate?

Top group you've got down at Palace and second only to the Green Brigade at Celtic in the UK IMO.

Am indeed. Not directly involved but I stand in block B with them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCXDefKODZ4 (At 7 seconds for people who haven't seen us, bearing in mind thats us 3-0 down )

MJFF88

8th Nov 11 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
who is bostock and how did spurs steal him from you

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/crystal-palace/2305194/Simon-Jordan-blasts-700000-fee-for-star-John-Bostocks-move-to-Tottenham.html

He has sat in Spurs' reserve team and done sweet fuck all since. He came through around the same time as Clyne did, who has gone on to get 100+ caps for us and won player of the season. He would've been seriously good as well

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » EPPP 24 database queries in 0.0136850 seconds