corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Work issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Work issue
Woody
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
17th Nov 11 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok just need to know my rights here know it's not car related

I'm contracted 36.75 hours a week on a temp contract

I work weekend on weekend off so
Basicly went in today and the girl that worked the other weekend has left... I have trained a new person and need to switch weekednd was told I was switching 3rd December

Have made plans and this weekend is my weekend off have just worked the last weekend well had a day holiday lol

The problem I have is my boss said I have to work this weekend insaid inhave plans he said he disnt care cancel them basicly went all day saying you have to work if you didnt turn up I would be disciplined

Worked out I have done 102 hours in two week, someone please shed some light...

The day before he said I had done *fuck all* and said I have to work this weekend, alright it's pettey and alot of you will say I'm lucky to have a job but am I the only one who thinks it's wrong ???
Eddx14xe

17th Nov 11 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

102 hours in 2 weeks?

Its illegal to make you work more than 40-45 hours a week.

Also if you are contracted to one week on, one week off. Then he cant go against this. Obviously if you ask for it/agree to the overtime etc its different but that isn't the case here.

Woody
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

17th Nov 11 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I thought he's basicly said my holiday is not holiday and it wast week off :/ x
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Nov 11 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You must average 48hr over a 17 week period which even with 102 hours in two weeks is still possible to do.

If your contract is week days and the weekends are in addition to that then you're under no obligation to accept overtime.

Also depends how important the plans are, you are in the right but you also need to carry on working there.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Work issue 23 database queries in 0.0143049 seconds