corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Pet Insurance Question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pet Insurance Question
dannymccann

User status: Offline
   21st Nov 11 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little background...

My dog Nasher has a nasty condition that is so far not 100% diagnosed. Basically he has a hole in his gut somewhere, which leads to his food not being processed properly, and his waste products leaking out into his other organs. Visible symptoms are shedding weight and horrible diarrhea. He is currently on 15 tablets a day and a new salmon and potato food, and has been for a few weeks, but nothing is improving. I hate to say it but I have come to the realisation he might be gone by Christmas (once it starts to discomfort him that's it, it's no longer fair to prolong anything), which is fucking shit but I guess thats life

Anyway, the work he has had so far has totalled near on £700 and obviously I want to claim it back. This is covered completely by his pet insurance but the policy is up for renewal on 26/11. My question is, do I hold off on submitting the claim form (which I requested a week ago and they know I have received) until the insurance renews, thereby having a 'claim free' year (technically), because the premium has gone up by 50% anyway without claiming!? Or will they clock on to what I am doing and kick up a fuss about what I have done?

I cant see how it wouldnt work, but on the other hand if there is any chance they will not pay out I dont want to be out of pocket...
Lynny

21st Nov 11 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you just renewing with same company? Who are you with? I have been through this with Petplan several times, just put the claim in ASAP regardless. In the last 4 years my vets bills have been in excess of £12k
dannymccann

21st Nov 11 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's only with Asda, and only the value policy (up to £1500 per condition for a max of 12 months).
Lynny

21st Nov 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right, I'd put the claim in sooner rather than later, if you don't they may question why you waited. NCB doesn't work the same with animals
Sam
Premium Member

21st Nov 11 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance can be a shit sometimes though, we had to pay over £400 recently for dental work on the greyhounds and the insurance doesn't cover such things.
dannymccann

21st Nov 11 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea everything he has been treated for is covered, apart from his special food.

The vets couldnt/wouldnt give me an answer on the above which is why I asked here. If they said why wait so long I'll just say treatment is ongoing so didnt want to submit 5 different forms (this is true, I dont). I was aware you dont get NCB, but at the same time, if I claim they will still up the premium anyway (wont they? I dont know, first ever pet).

Dental work is only usually covered if its the result of accident or other injury I think Sam, shit but then again that's life

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Pet Insurance Question 23 database queries in 0.0054710 seconds