corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eBay
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
6th Dec 11 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just won a car on eBay, seller has requested £100 deposit via paypal and the rest on collection. When I go to pay it wants me to pay the full whack. Any way to just pay the £100?
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Dec 11 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't bother, just go there with the proper amount.

He's no way of enforcing it and by the time he faffed about trying to you'd have been and got it. Just tell him you'll be there and go from there.

If you're not messing it's not a worry anyway.
Jamie-C

6th Dec 11 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If hes no way of enforcing it then I will just do it that way, he even said on the phone he wanted £100 via paypal so I just agreed.

If the car isn't as described am I within my rights to haggle him on the price?
C2RL R

6th Dec 11 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could send him £100 as a gift I suppose. I would just do what Ian suggested though.
Russ

6th Dec 11 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
If hes no way of enforcing it then I will just do it that way, he even said on the phone he wanted £100 via paypal so I just agreed.

If the car isn't as described am I within my rights to haggle him on the price?
no, you have bid, you buy, if you dont buy, he will file a non payment form and you will get a finger wagging
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pay him £100 through paypal like he asked and like you agreed, if you're going for the car then what's the problem? he obviously wants a little deposit, no harm in that.

And no, you can't haggle.
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Dec 11 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can ensure it's as described.

I personally wouldn't do the Paypal thing but up to you. What's the worst he can do? Cancel your bids and be left with no buyer? Unlikely.
Generation

6th Dec 11 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't send as a gift. However if listing says £100 deposit then you should. So many time wasters on eBay, his probably just making sure he doesn't wai around for nothing
Jamie-C

6th Dec 11 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just sent it so its done now. I agreed so no point on going back on my word. Just done it directly through paypal.
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Dec 11 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're not going to waste his time though?

What is the problem with not doing it?

He'll be glad its in cash when he does get it.
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Dec 11 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fees for no reason, hassle if it's not as described, etc. etc.
Jamie-C

6th Dec 11 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fees are down to him so I don't care about that tbh He has over 500 positive feedback and took a photo of the 'only' damage so fingers crossed all will be fine.

And for anyone whos interested - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320803869837?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_900wt_1185

DannyB
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An Auto T5 enjoy massive fuel bills
Jamie-C

6th Dec 11 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea it probably won't be too good on the juice Parkers says 25 to the gallon but thats probably more like 10mpg in the city. Probably not ideal but we'll see.
Chris
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 22:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Email him tell him he will get stung on paypal fees, COD is the best bet for him plus u can walk away if its a donkey.
corsajay88

7th Dec 11 at 03:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold a fridge, cooker etc from my house in manchester on ebay and arranged for them to be collected saturday last weekend. Only 1 person turned up an others kept promising but never arrived. So in short 120 mile round trip and wasted only day off. Sometimes a deposit is nessecary. You could always claim.it back if not as described.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay 23 database queries in 0.0078340 seconds