corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MOT Testers

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MOT Testers
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Dec 11 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
why it doesnt really affect you does it

Because if I've booked it in to be fully serviced and checked before it's mot'd. I expect it to be fully serviced and checked before it's mot'd.

Is that to hard to do? I pay to keep my cars tiptop not 'just fix what it fails on'

Sorry if you disagree. It's like I pay my dentist to keep my teeth in tiptop condition not wait untill summat hurts like fuck before it's fixed..

Yes - if you were going for service and MOT - then why check over the car twice?? do the MOT - then finish off with anything additional for the service - save time that way and get more customers through the door..

also advice from vosa is to fail then pass on minor things like bulbs and headlamp aim etc for two reasons - one is that you arent meant to carry out ANY repairs (exept headlamp aim adjustments) during an MOT test and secondly the gov is considering changing to a 2 year interval - which would be bad news for businesses and also potentaily road safety so you are advised to fail then pass to keep the stats up

up to the tester if they want to waste there own time, no skin off your nose, you still get the ticket at the end of it, not really worth getting angry about

[Edited on 14-12-2011 by Steve]
ed

14th Dec 11 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
quote:
Originally posted by ed
My place is 50m up the road. It's so close I have to do a lap of the city so the cars warmed up for them to do the smoke test. Fact of the day.

Then it sits in the MOT parking for an hour or on the ramps before the smoke test so its then cold anyway

Was actually expecting them to do it there and then while I waited like they did last year, but this time round they took it in and did it later in the day. Thought I'd warm the car up because last time round they went to do the smoke test and tried to warm the car up on the ramp by running it at a fast idle, then for some reason they decided to check the oil level after the car had been running for 30 minutes - they came running in telling me my car had no engine oil in it so without thinking I told them to just top it up while feeling rather stupid. While they were completing the MOT, I had a little think and it occurred to me that as the engine had been running for quite some time there was a very good reason for there being no oil in the sump; it was busy doing it's job lubricating the engine

[Edited on 14-12-2011 by ed]
ed

14th Dec 11 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I might even get away with the bulb out on the rear too - Puntos have 4 rear bulbs, two in each cluster and only one had failed. not sure on the technicalities on that? What would have happened if I had disconnected one of the bulbs on the other side so it all matched up - there would be no dash warning either because that only appears when the circuit is totally open

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MOT Testers 23 database queries in 0.0157881 seconds