corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » insurance quotes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author insurance quotes
corsajay88

User status: Offline
19th Dec 11 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's nearly time for my insurance renewal and was thinking of buying a different car anyway. Got quoted on my current car (an r reg corsa 1.4 8v) worth about as much as the change lying around in it and the quote was £800.
So i thought i'd get a quote for the next car, its a 57reg vectra 1.9cdti the 150 one. The quote came to £900 and got a phone call from them saying they would beat it so it actualy worked out cheaper than the corsa at £780.
This to me makes no sense looks like the corsas time is up.
Gary
Premium Member

19th Dec 11 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa is known for been a boyracer car, prob with a high crash rate.

Vectra is most likely deemed as a 'sensible' car thus not as higher risk
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
19th Dec 11 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also helps if the Vectra is not an SRi but yeah, they compare well to a Corsa.
Jed D

19th Dec 11 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Corsa is known for been a boyracer car, prob with a high crash rate.

Vectra is most likely deemed as a 'sensible' car thus not as higher risk

sorry gary but i disagree mate

my old 1.4 16v astra ls 2001 5 door was just over £800 without any points

my current corsa 1.6 sport 1999 is £602 and i declared 3 points when i changed over

yet the thing i dont get, before i got the corsa i looked at a 1998 1.4 tigra and it was £1100ish, its practically the same car as a corsa

only thing i found when playing around with quotes is my car valued at about £400 was dearer than my car valued at £1400 was a fair bit cheaper
Matt L

19th Dec 11 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can never understand insurance as my many threads on here about it prove

i could get insured on a noble m12 for less than im currently paying for a derv leon
corsajay88

19th Dec 11 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not complaining though. Lost interest in modding now and was happy to find i could buy a half decent car with plenty of toys and insurance wouldn't be stupid.

Liam-Wilko

20th Dec 11 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

insurance is based around a lot of things all reasons above are valid and a vectra on a younger year will have a better safety fate than an old corsa thats why it will be cheaper and the fact its calssed as a family car and insurance companys want to encurige peaple to get a more eco friendly and sensable car and trying to get young drivers away from modding cars lol.

a tigra is more to insure than a corsa due to a tigra is classed as a coupe not a hatch back with insurance there for makeing the car more desirable than a hatch even tho the diffrence between them is only the body
i use to work for insurance and fouind that the only way to understand it is to work in the industry

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » insurance quotes 23 database queries in 0.0108008 seconds