corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Auction Hunters

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Auction Hunters
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
29th Dec 11 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone ever seen this? I'm watching it on Quest just now, it's actually ridiculous. These two guys go along to storage units and buy whatever people have basically left behind/ not paid their storage fees on. They get all sorts of different shapes and sizes of lockers, some not big enough to fit in, some that you'd be able to park a car in. They pay anything between a dollar and a couple of grand for a locker based on what they've seen, from the threshold, for literally a couple of minutes.

I'm just wondering how 'Americanised' the show is - the amount of cool stuff they find and the amount of money they make is unreal. Obviously it's going to be hammed up a bit since it's a TV show but as an example, they were going through a pretty reasonable sized locker full of a mixture of junk and stuff they can make half decent money on like antiques etc. All of a sudden they came across a mint condition first edition Coca Cola vending machine, sitting there all polished up ready to be found under a blanket and got 2.2k for it. It kind of annoys me since it's a great idea for a show and it's quite fun to see them haggle and try to sell the stuff but the stuff they find just makes it hard to believe.

Anyone seen it and know what I'm on about?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

29th Dec 11 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not seen it but those items are probably placed in there for the show
alan-g-w

29th Dec 11 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They just found a samurai sword and a 70s lie detector in a unit they paid 100 dollars for. Then a double barrelled antique of a musket/ rifle in another down the hall

I do think that stuff's being placed ivi, just that I wonder if any of it's real at all
BarnshaW

29th Dec 11 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its like that thing you can do where you buy unclaimed luggage from airports, you can pay set amount and receive someones case with their belongings, might have crap stuff in or might have expensive stuff in, however i suspect like this show its thoroughly checked beforehand for illegal stuff etc so probably setup
Neil

29th Dec 11 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Storage Wars is the same thing, sometimes they find great stuff and make a ton and sometimes they find nothing and lose money.
Eddx14xe

29th Dec 11 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was watching this. Its like storage wars, which like as said they can make loads on. i watched on the other day and one guy made like 27,000 dollars.
alan-g-w

29th Dec 11 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, it doesn't make sense though - surely the lock up owner would just employ a team of people to clear them out so that he gets a cut as well with all the supposed valuables being found

[Edited on 29-12-2011 by alan-g-w]
Dan
Premium Member

29th Dec 11 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But then they wont sell a unit full of crap for $500 with a value of 50cents

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Jake

29th Dec 11 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you want to watch realistic american tv try 'chasing cars' not seen one episode yet where he makes any decent money from any of the cars he buys and fixes up
Dan
Premium Member

29th Dec 11 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same with Gold rush, ive never seen the end of the series, but everytime i watch it, they losing shit loads of money and find no gold

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
carl123uk

29th Dec 11 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love watching storage wars . brandi is hot
alan-g-w

29th Dec 11 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
But then they wont sell a unit full of crap for $500 with a value of 50cents

But when they find out it's worth half a buck, stick it up for auction

I realise the flaw with that of course, obviously they do it this way so that they don't need to go to the hassle. I'd just like to know for definite how faked or real it is

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Auction Hunters 24 database queries in 0.0254011 seconds