corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Edinburgh

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Edinburgh
Joe

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 12 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking of going for a night away next weekend. What's there to do? Am I bet in the centre, near Waverley train station? Good things to do around that area.m

Will only be up there for sat afternoon and night and come home late on Sunday night. Hit me with ideas of whether it's worth it.
Colin

3rd Jan 12 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to Glasgow instead its a better night out!
Joe

3rd Jan 12 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going with the slut so I'm sure Edinburgh will be more than good enough, if I'm going north or the border it will be there. Both wanted to go for a while.
Seany

3rd Jan 12 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grass market is good for a night out, Waverley is pretty much slap bang in the middle of Edinburgh.
Plenty to see and do, just depends what tickles your fancy.
Corsa_Sport21

3rd Jan 12 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you sorted out accomodation??

Plenty to do, have a look and see whats on at the playhouse. Also plenty decent bars about.
Joe

3rd Jan 12 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sorted anything yet.

Train is £72, can get a nice 4-5 star hotel near the station for 80-90 so not too bad.

Just need to decide if it's worth it now coz she is a moody cunt.
nibnob21
Premium Member

3rd Jan 12 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Princes street is the main high street. As said Waverley is smack bang in the centre. Grass market is good day and night. Princes street gardens are nice to walk through. You've got the castle to look around. The Scot's monument is worth a look. Couple of good museums.

Basically there's loads to do in the centre, just depends what sort of thing you're into. More than enough for a weekend anyway!

MX5 Project Thread
Joe

3rd Jan 12 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Radisson blu, george hotel or nira caledonia are all near the station. All look pretty smart.

Sounds nice, will mull it over tomorrow and maybe book it.

Any more suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers all.
sc0ott

4th Jan 12 at 06:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

George street which is the next street up from princess is where youll find the majority of pubs and clubs closest to waverley station.

Just dont wear jeans, trainers and a tshirt otherwise some places wont let you in.
JonnyJ

4th Jan 12 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got in everywhere we went with shoes, jeans and a tshirt. Can't remember where we went mind, way too pished
sc0ott

4th Jan 12 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are a lot of places you will get in but the more posh ones youll get refused.
stuartmitchell

4th Jan 12 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I were you buddy I'd go with the Radisson Blu. It's on the royal mile with the castle at the top and balmoral at the bottom.

As been mentioned there is loads to do. We Will Rock you is on at the playhouse just now, meant to be ace that! Royal Yaught Britannia open all yr round, as is the Castle etc etc

The Museum on Chambers Street is meant to be awesome after they refurbed too (i've not been yet). Edinburgh Dungeons, tours of the old town and closes etc.

Or just get leathered down the Grassmarket / George St
Seany

4th Jan 12 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The museum is cool although they don't have the giant whale anymore. Lots of cool bars and pubs like Frankensteins and bar kohl ( like 100 different flavours of vodka) plenty shops at your doorstep and really nice places to eat like julianos for Italian.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Edinburgh 24 database queries in 0.0097051 seconds