corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Apex Lowering Springs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Apex Lowering Springs
mex

User status: Offline
7th Jan 12 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been offered some 60mm apex lowering springs with gmax supersport struts, has anyone had experience with the 2, pros and cons would be useful.
I'm used to coilovers but fancied a fixed strut setup so might get these i've had a google search and people say they are ok for the price i know you get what you pay for but have never messed around with swapping springs over to different struts before, except for when i was 17 and bought some gmax springs on standard shockers
gez bay

7th Jan 12 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like you already said, you get what you pay for.
If they're cheap to buy then it's worth a try.
I had apex 40mm springs and found them quite crashy, so I'm not sure what 60mm will be like.
But I had mine on standard shocks.
Daveskater
Premium Member

7th Jan 12 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apex are ok budget springs, but I wouldn't put them on gmax shocks. I'd see if you could get some cheap apex shocks too. If the kit you've been offered is cheap enough then it may be worth a shot.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Jan 12 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had -40mm ones on my corsa C and found them fine, they are budget springs tho so keep that im mind. I also used them on standard chocks but id probably look at changing them to Gmax omes like dave suggested.
Daveskater
Premium Member

7th Jan 12 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I said get apex shocks Had a full apex 60mm kit on my B, was stiff, but good to chuck around Fairly decent for a budget kit, I thought.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Apex Lowering Springs 24 database queries in 0.0104101 seconds