corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Bulb keeps going on my site light

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bulb keeps going on my site light
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Jan 12 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got one of these and the bulb went, so replaced it not long back and just switched it on now and it lasted about 2 mins then went again!! bulbs aren't cheap for them either, there's dust on the outer glass, would that effect it at all or do you think i've got a dodgy light?

Dave

8th Jan 12 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are murder for blowing lamps. The compact fluorescent or led ones are better long term, if a bit pricey at first. When you put the new one in did you handle it with bare hands?
Welly Wanger

8th Jan 12 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this a 110v on site light? If so requires a 110v lamp. Also when putting the lamp in dont get mucky finger prints on as these burn up
Tom J
Premium Member

8th Jan 12 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no its a 240v one that i've got pic was an example. i always use gloves to put the bulb in
Welly Wanger

8th Jan 12 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your not using a 110v lamp by chance?
ash_corsa

8th Jan 12 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theyre fragile lamps and these portable lights get chucked about a fair bit.

As above, best off getting CFL or LED lamp, will outlast the light fitting probably!
mattk

8th Jan 12 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where can I get said LED lamp from? re wiring my house soon after hours and Im going to need a durable decent light. already got x2 sets of podium lights, but as mentioned they are a fucker for blowing at the worst time
Dave

8th Jan 12 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are after lighting a full room the tall flourescent plasterers lights tend to be best. If you don't need them for long might be best to hire some.

Builders merchants often stock work lights, electrical wholesalers like City usually have the smaller led, compact fluoreescent type ones. Screwfix should give you a guide price but the merchants will almost certainly be cheaper.
ash_corsa

10th Jan 12 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not cheap!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R7s-J118-Energy-Saving-LED-Halogen-Flood-Light-Lamp-Bulb-8W-/200694715654?pt=UK_Light_Bulbs&var=&hash=item746ca81f94#ht_500wt_1361
Tom J
Premium Member

10th Jan 12 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm, i think i'll try another bulb and if it doesn't last i'll bin it, defo a 230v bulb
Bonney

12th Jan 12 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is the same, The longest it has lasted was around an hour, Plus they generate a hell of a lot of heat!

New Poll