corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone had any experiences with an Ek9 Type R...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone had any experiences with an Ek9 Type R...
sc0ott

User status: Offline
11th Jan 12 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really? Whos that with?

Arent ek9s in the highiest insurance group with them being an import?

Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

11th Jan 12 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the one.
Aleex

11th Jan 12 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe it was with bell.

oh well time will tell! i was surprised to at the quote
donkeykong

11th Jan 12 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ek9's are cool! if i was ever thinking of a engine change, k20 would be the weapon of choice!
zac753

11th Jan 12 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

always liked these still want one to this day just not sure can be dealing with the problems which come with the age they are
Eck
Premium Member

11th Jan 12 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by Archie
Eck there was a rare canary yellow EG, SIR if i remember rightly, import only.

You sure man? I cannot see a single thing about them Would be ace though!

They were Carnival Yellow the EG SiR.

Even fan boys can learn something I need one
Eck
Premium Member

11th Jan 12 at 23:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by zac753
always liked these still want one to this day just not sure can be dealing with the problems which come with the age they are

To put it simply, there aren't any? They use a bit of oil due to the nature of the engine, but that is from the factory Some use more than others! Just make sure the bodywork is straight, and there are no nasty noises, and it'll run and run and fucking run. There's a reason they havea reputation for bullet proof reliability. I kicked the living shit out of my 160,000 mile B16a1, then the B16B that followed it, and now the B16a2 I have gets shit regularly
Aleex

12th Jan 12 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wish i had my 6 grand now ffs

http://www.ek9.org/forum/cars-sale/43895-ek9-c-w-1999-facelift.html
sc0ott

12th Jan 12 at 06:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very clean
zac753

12th Jan 12 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by zac753

To put it simply, there aren't any? They use a bit of oil due to the nature of the engine, but that is from the factory Some use more than others! Just make sure the bodywork is straight, and there are no nasty noises, and it'll run and run and fucking run. There's a reason they havea reputation for bullet proof reliability. I kicked the living shit out of my 160,000 mile B16a1, then the B16B that followed it, and now the B16a2 I have gets shit regularly

i knew honda where good but its good to see even when there given the beans they still keep going defo going look into one once i have finnished and got bored of my 1.8 corsa i liked them since i first saw them insurnace is not to bad either, do they rust in any area at all? which i should keep an eye out for as i only know corsa's and what to look out for never had a honda lol
Edges 58

12th Jan 12 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by Edges 58
my mate had a yellow EG type r (earlier one with flat front lights, cant remember the actual name) with a mugan twin loop. have to say it sounded fooking ace!!! that was a b16a i think

You mean a VTi? The Type R started in the above EK shape. Also, must have been a non standard colour unless you have mistaken it for a yellow EK9 If it was, it would be a B16B. If not, then aye it would be a B16a2. They do sound the bollocks tbh! Mine isn't to everyone's taste, but this is it with an N1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YziBA5B6TMk&feature=related

Not the greatest video for the sound tbh!

It was an EG shape, resprayed Jordan yellow with b16a
Eck
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye it would have been an SiR in the colour stated above then or a resprayed VTi. It would have been a B16a2 unless it wasn't standard?

Zac, most of my mates have one too and the only one that has had bother was due to running the wrong ECU for literally two years They get booted every single day of the week and keep taking it. Can reliably run upto 300bhp on a standard 1.6 too My opinion is obviously biased but I'll never be looking back to a Corsa from my Civic.
reaudioxxx

12th Jan 12 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a ek9 but with k20 transplant defo worth a look

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3439724.htm
zac753

12th Jan 12 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Aye it would have been an SiR in the colour stated above then or a resprayed VTi. It would have been a B16a2 unless it wasn't standard?

Zac, most of my mates have one too and the only one that has had bother was due to running the wrong ECU for literally two years They get booted every single day of the week and keep taking it. Can reliably run upto 300bhp on a standard 1.6 too My opinion is obviously biased but I'll never be looking back to a Corsa from my Civic.

defo going look into one then wish i looked into them more before getting my 1.8 time to save a little cash and maybe move out the corsa's lol
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your going to get one make sure its a standard engine they are the best bit

Been a passanger on one and it was wicked. Mine might be alot quicker in a straight line but for a quick blast I know what I would jump into each time

Drives supercharged Tec with torque

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone had any experiences with an Ek9 Type R... 24 database queries in 0.0156400 seconds