corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Parking Ticket

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Parking Ticket
nathy_87

User status: Offline
12th Jan 12 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Missus got a parking ticket, parked in a flat car park (does have signs up warning about get tickets) so she still goes ahead and parks there. (Although I've risked it once). On the ticket it's got the date/time her reg plate said looks legit. Does she have to pay, it's from these scroungers: http://www.ukparkingcontrol.com/

thanks for your help.
Whittie

12th Jan 12 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, just pay it. Saves loads of debt letters coming through for the sake of a few quid.

Let mine built up (council ones) in December as I was so busy, forgot about them, regret it now as I had to pay double (4 tickets )

[Edited on 12-01-2012 by Whittie]
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no
Ben G

12th Jan 12 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not council so no.

although i paid 2 years back because it was a grey area back then.

nowadays people know they cant do much apart from send a few letters
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you might want to check what photo evidence they have though

http://www.ukpcappeals.com/Photos/Default.aspx

if its clearly photographed them in the car then they may find it harder to get out of
nathy_87

12th Jan 12 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah Cheers for that steve.

Crystal clear it's her car with the ticket on.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but any pics of her in the car? if not then dont pay it
nathy_87

12th Jan 12 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No there isn't. Why does that make the difference?
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because the contract is with the land owners and the driver of the car, if they cant prove who the driver is they have no case

unlike a legal fine, you arent obliged to tell them who the driver was so usually a letter stating that you are willing to help clear the debt if they can forward you evidence of who was driving as the car is shared amongst several people, and if they cannot provide any evidence then you suggest they dont contact you again
Jimbothebarbarian

12th Jan 12 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally ignore it had one for the wife they threaten the living crap out of you but are totally powerless to do a thing and before anyone says about the photos. Not worth a toss in a court of law.

Same company tried to do the wife for parking to long at some shop. Have a look on the web. Just don't pay or bother trying to be clever as some people do sending letters with clever cunt comments and legal bollocks just ignore and they'll go away.

By the time they got bored chasing my wife it was debt collectors CCJ's court action Ł1000 fines jail you name it they said it. The wife was fucking falling over herself to pay stupid gullible cunt that she is.
Russ

12th Jan 12 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely it has to hinge on more than, if it is council, then you have to pay, if not ignore it?

There's got to be a way of people not parking on private property
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
before anyone says about the photos. Not worth a toss in a court of law.

if they have photo evidence of you driving the car at the time then this would probably stand up quite strongly in court of who was driving the vehicle which is the get out clause
Whittie

12th Jan 12 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
surely it has to hinge on more than, if it is council, then you have to pay, if not ignore it?

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=584423&highlight=1&pid=7634907#pid7634907

In the end I just got a bollard put there, I didn't park there as it was infront of my shop and hiding it.
nathy_87

12th Jan 12 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok pointless thread now, she has just told me she's paid it.

Thanks for your help though chaps.
Jimbothebarbarian

12th Jan 12 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Basically yes. Not so cut and dry but essentially yes.

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
before anyone says about the photos. Not worth a toss in a court of law.

if they have photo evidence of you driving the car at the time then this would probably stand up quite strongly in court of who was driving the vehicle which is the get out clause

Not at all they have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you entered into a legal contract with them which even though there will be signs here there and everywhere is impossible to prove and therefore without a signed and witnessed contract is unenforceable.

Secondly you can doctor photo evidence and as they are in it for the money their evidence doesn't prove times and/or that you have agreed to any contract.

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
Ok pointless thread now, she has just told me she's paid it.

Thanks for your help though chaps.

Slap her for being a silly girl! Mine was as bad the arguments we had every time a letter came through the door all in big red letters with threats of this that and the other. I'm genuinely surprised it's not considered obtaining money with menaces TBH. They even send you examples of court cases they've won. All bluff and bluster the courts hate them with a vengeance and to date (well up to last time my solicitor checked) there has not been one successful case brought to court yet.

Nevermind they got some more easy money..
AlunJ

12th Jan 12 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M2RTY

12th Jan 12 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people like your girlfriend is why they are in opperation
nathy_87

12th Jan 12 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't tell her to pay up.
Russ

12th Jan 12 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
i agree, people who park where ever the fuck they feel like with no respect for the business they may be affecting or the reason these companies exist.
corsajay88

12th Jan 12 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
i agree, people who park where ever the fuck they feel like with no respect for the business they may be affecting or the reason these companies exist.

I agree, people park in our car park all the time, its a council but as its shared with other people parking wardens cant touch them. The piss take of it is when all the spaces are taken including clearly marked reserved space i have to park in their way they have the cheek to leave me a snotty note, because they cant get out of my space easily!
So pay the scumbags and dont park in someones space.
corsatdi

12th Jan 12 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a stated case now that the courts state it is reasonable to assume that the owner was the 'driver' at the time of the fine. Il look up the exact case name if wanted, there is however a million other ways to get out of it so no don't pay it!!!
ed

13th Jan 12 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Said it was a flat car park though - In the buildings I've lived in there have plenty of 'spare' un-allocated spaces which people seem to use freely. It only causes problems when someone parks in an allocated space. or if there are no spare places, then you just make a quick phone call and their day is ruined:

Ben G

13th Jan 12 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one ed. wonder if they scratched the alloy. i'd be pissed but their own fault for parking in your space.
AndyCorsaSport

13th Jan 12 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sister got a fine one for parking in a car park with signs up etc. refused to pay, got letters sayin price was going up and up, still refused. People came to house and put a clamp on the car on the drive!!

Needless to say they got a very harsh phone call and said clamp was soon removed and she didn't pay anything.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Parking Ticket 23 database queries in 0.1388700 seconds