corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone gone back to a car they've owned before?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone gone back to a car they've owned before?
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Jan 12 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jag is fine for bashing up and down the motorway for work and is comfortable enough for my commute but the economy isn't all that (since the remap/black box thing went tits up) and without folding seats in the rear, its impractical.

My old A3 is up for sale and it was mint when I sold it, I'm considering trading in the Jag and having it back. Either that or looking for a 130PS Golf GT-TDi like my missus' old car which was getting 50-60mpg and was more fun to drive.

Would you ever buy an old car back ? or buy back the same type/model of car as you've had before?
Jambo

18th Jan 12 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you liked it and its still good then why not.
kennySRi

18th Jan 12 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's the type of car that you are after anyway you may aswell go for it, least you know the history of the car more than others for sale.
Colin

18th Jan 12 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldnt get your old one back, it will probably not feel the same as you remamber, just older, more worn & higher miles now.

What about a newer model A3?
RichR
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't justify the funds of a newer car whilst the house is still in progress but not having folding seats is a hinderance for me as I struggle to fit any boarding gear in; could only buy for what I could sell the Jag for.
Colin

18th Jan 12 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the Jag worth?
RichR
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£3-£3.5k I reckon
Daveskater
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wouldn't hurt to go and look at your old one, but I'd only buy it back if it was in as good condition as any other car, not simply just because it's your old one. Otherwise you may get it and it could have been ragged within an inch of its life so it will never be the same as before.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
shaned12345

18th Jan 12 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes my corsa, sold it and then bought it back again 9 months later.
Had done 2,000 miles in that time, had a new clutch, coil pack and various other bits. Offered him £200 less than he paid me and he took it.
RichR
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the girl who bought it whose selling it, put on about 7,500miles and is selling it as "excellent condition", which is what I described it as. Aside from the 18months she's owned it, I know its history from day one as it was my Mum's before mine
Colin

18th Jan 12 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-Audi-A3-tdi-1968cc-Diesel-/170763440991?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27c24b535f#ht_1122wt_1270

Try & get one like that manny!!
3CorsaMeal

18th Jan 12 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd buy my corsa back off Jr and Lee Mitchell, must be low mileage shell for its age now
Sunz

18th Jan 12 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
i'd buy my corsa back off Jr and Lee Mitchell, must be low mileage shell for its age now

You know they would look after it better then anyone, you would probably have to pay twice a much for it off them, even if it was in the same condition

[Edited on 18-01-2012 by Sunz]
big eck

18th Jan 12 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have. I sold the LCR over 2 years ago and always said if I needed to down size a bit then I'd buy another. When the guy I sold it to text me the day I sold the golf and told me its only done an extra 12k miles in that time and was still in as good a condition I snapped it up the next day. Got it at a bargain price as well.
harrybanks

18th Jan 12 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I have, owned my first car a corsa sport, sold it, bought it back, sold it, then was so close to buying it back for the third time lol, wish i did as apparently it went up in flames on the motorway .

I would buy it back if its in good nick and has sentimental value
Steve
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have to ask about buying your old car back, you probably cant afford it
big eck

18th Jan 12 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just asking Steve, are you going to spam the fuck out of every thread with your shite from the Evo thread???
Steve
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

undecided atm
big eck

18th Jan 12 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well let me know once you do please so that I know what ones to avoid.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone gone back to a car they've owned before? 24 database queries in 0.0186229 seconds